Dashboard login gone after factory restore AGAIN!

ok first i had thought maybe i had done something wrong few monthgs ago with my wd cloud drive but i’ve gotten into the same issue with my second WD cloud drive.

I did a factory restore. Once the drive was restored, i see the dashboard login got set back to “admin” but i cannot log in with or without ANY (blank) password.

A factory restore is supposed to remove the password from the drive!!! Why this never works!!!

Last time WD had to replace my drive… Even the ssh access that i enabled prior to the factory restore is disbaled now which is normal. but now i have a brick…

I did a system only restore once and it went back to admin with no password.

no Idea why it is not working for you

i have always renamed the  “admin” user to something other.

Could that be the reason why after a factory or a system only (i’ve done both in the past) the login fails to default back to admin? No login works for me after a restore

during inital setup the 1st user you create becomes the admin user which is normal. even if you did it some other way and of the sytem only or factory restores should but it back to admin with no password.

I wonder if there is any possibility of a confilct with existing credentials, try clearing you credentials, at least anything related to the mycloud or that you can’t identify, then reboot the PC and try again

Are you sure the Dashboard is actually connected to the MC?  I’ve had occasions where the Dashboard appears to have ‘light on’, but it turns out that nobody’s home…

Close the tab and start a fresh Dashboard session.

cpt_paranoia wrote:

Are you sure the Dashboard is actually connected to the MC?  I’ve had occasions where the Dashboard appears to have ‘light on’, but it turns out that nobody’s home…

Close the tab and start a fresh Dashboard session.

If i see the WD dasboard come up!! what does that tell you that im trying to log into Gmail?

Thanks.