Dashboard does not populate

When i launch my WD Mycloud from the ip address, the dashboard appears with the device picture however nothing else populates and the link times out. I need help to get this cloud device working again.

@SJMJR
Have you already shut your device down and then rebooted it?

If that doesn’t get the Dashboard to show, try a reset. See pages 90 and 91 of the User Manual.

My Cloud Personal Storage User Manual (wdc.com)

Thanks for the advice. I have tried both, shutting down and rebooting and resetting. Neither work.

I am ready to get rid of the drive, any advice on how to reformat the drive before disposing it.

Tanks,

Sam

The following assumes one is running a single bay/single drive My Cloud running OS3 (v4.x or v2.x) firmware. First step, if you haven’t done so already, is to try a different web browser. Next step is to temporarily disable any browser extensions or add-ons. Next is temporarily disable any third party security or antivirus/firewall software. Lastly try doing a 4 second or 40 second reset.

How to Reset a My Cloud (single bay) Device
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24022

If one is running OS5 firmware then one is likely experiencing the indexing issue that has plagued many which causes problems with My Cloud access including My Cloud Dashboard access.

Thanks for the additional advice.

After looking closely at how my drive was displaying I noticed it was loading with Internet Explorer. I uninstalled IE and then launched my default Microsoft Edge and viola, the dashboard fully populated. After than, I upgraded to OS5 and updated the firmware and all is now running smoothly.

Thanks,

Sam

Unfortunately after sending the below information, the drive worked for a few hours then went off line. I have restarted and reset the drive but it is no longer working. Also, since removing Internet Explorer, I have created other problems such as links in emails no longer work.

Any advice on what to do now?

Thanks Sam

Thanks for the additional advice.

After looking closely at how my drive was displaying I noticed it was loading with Internet Explorer. I uninstalled IE and then launched my default Microsoft Edge and viola, the dashboard fully populated. After than, I upgraded to OS5 and updated the firmware and all is now running smoothly.

Thanks,

That might have been a big mistake. Unfortunately, now we have two variables to deal with - the original MyCloud issue, and the many reported OS5 issues.