Darklight for SMP (Beta) - (UPDATED 9/10/2012)

Hmm, never seen it output like that before.  I’ll have to look into it and see if I can reproduce the same issue.

In the meantime, just to make sure, under Options in TG, click on the “Movie info” tab and under Store cover/backdrop links into the movieinfo file, make sure that you have it set to “Store links to moviesheets (the current settings for moviesheets will be used)”.

If it is still doing the same thing, you can upload the profile you are using (if you have saved the profile you are using it will be in the Profile folder were ever you have Thumbgen saved) to somewhere like mediafire.com then post the link here so I can look at your setup to see if something is wrong.

Thanks.

I’m on the work PC at the moment (which shall we say doesn’t support TG!).

I’ll review my settings in TG later – pretty sure I have that drop down set as you suggest. I’ll play around with things a bit and if I can’t get it working I’ll upload the profile.

Thanks for the theme and your help.

Hi tw just wanted to show my appreciation for creating such an amazing theme for the smp really luving how it looks…
I have a lil question to ask you is there anyway to change the color of the highlighted item when your scrolling through your movies as I have hard time seeing what I’m selecting as I have poor eyesight. And also when using the view where you have a window on the left with the movies and on the right a cover is there anyway to make the cover bigger?
Appreciate your work mate keep it up…

Thanks

@screwfaze,

Thanks, I’m glad you like the theme.

I’ll see what I can do about giving you something brighter for the thumb select so you can see it better.  This may be some time later as I am still working on this theme, but I’ll PM you when I have you something.

As for the view you’re talking about, if it’s the List view, then the coverart is as big as it can be.  This is because the list view is also used for photos and music and I can’t make it any bigger with out messing it up for use with those too.

1 Like

Here’s some folder thumbnails for anybody that wants to try them.

Download from here:  http://www.mediafire.com/?91mec1ymmo6v7l5 (UPDATED 6-05-12)

1 Like

Sweet. I am using those, BUT can you make one for TV Series

@Blackbeard1970,

I’m actually going to make more of these when I get some time, this is just what I’ve gotten around to right now.  Check back some time this week, I’ll try to have more made up and post them, and I’ll try to have TV series included.

Updated the Folder thumbs, see above for the link.

Bump for Darklight update (6-06-12)

*Added “Live TV” to main menu.

*Fixed lightbar for Video Preview,  Video view and Large Video view.

*Fixed some other minor image postion issues.

**Note, if you seem to have any issues after update power down the SMP (press & hold the Power button for 5 sec) then power it back on.

1 Like

Hi tw thanks for the reply appreciate it Luvin the theme so much…how do i update it when you release new versions ?

To update, you just follow the same procedure as when you first installed.  You don’t have to do anything special, just download the theme, then use the Web interface to install.  You should get a “Update Successful” message.

Tinwarble wrote:

No, because as stated by Joey, backdrops don’t work for folders it only works for individual files.

I hate to make waves, but somehow mine is working using ThumbGen, Darklight theme, and a WDTVL SMP Gen 3…My Gallery view of “My media library” is working just great (looks like the screenshot) with each movie sperated into their own folders. Using Firmware 1.07.15 at the moment. Also strangely, the filename.xml file has two 's listed but no , this seemed to cause me problems at first but a power off/on and a little fiddling or something I did worked.

Well, if it’s working for you then that would be great.  But, are you saying that when you at the folder level the metadata and backdrops are displaying or when you go into the folder?

I’m not saying that it’s not for you, & I may have to rollback the FW to test, but this has been broken for a long time.  It use to work on the HUB, but has been broken since version 2.xx.xx of the FW came out.  And the SMP and HUB are basically running the same FW (with a few minor differences).

Also, the in the xml doesn’t do anything anyway.  You only need a .jpg image for your movie for the coverart to display.

All I do know is that I have tested this on every version of the HUB FW (since it was broken) to see if has been fixed and every version of the SMP since 1.06 and have not seen it display metadata and backdrops at the folder level.

If you can post a screenshot though, that would be helpful.  Also, how do you have your movies ripped, in DVD format or are they in some other format (avi, mkv, mp4, etc.)?

It sure appears to be working for me, I have not gotten to 100% of my files yet, but after about 25% of them all seems good. I am viewing “My Media Library” (Via Red button to choose source, after setting paths to network shares in setup) and I have used the Yellow button to switch views until it was in the “Gallery” (the view that matches the screenshot at the start of the thread that has Pirates of the C. showing on the left, the files along the bottom and the file info/desc in the middle. All looks the same to me.

Movies are just standard .AVI and very few .MKV files. Nothing special in the least.  I do also use MCM to make a movie.xml and folder.jpg for use with Media Browser in WMC, but those files don’t seem to do anything for the SMP.

I really can not think of anything strange I did other then fiddle with settings a few times in TG, edit a xml file manually to correct the presumed incorrect thumbnail tag, and restart the SMP once or twice. It was just not displaying at some point, thats when I got into looking at the xml file and then after editing restarted or refreshed the network share. Screen shots will be coming eventually, waiting on the cell phone to charge up… dunno any other way to do it since its on my TV :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is a terrible screen shot from a non HD tv, squit hard! :wink:

Working Sheets - Gallery, Gen 3

You can take a screenshot with the SMP, you just have to set it up a shortcut button on the remote.

Go to Setup / Operation / Remote Settings, then scoll down to one of the number butons and select it, then select “Capture Snapshot”.

Then when you are on a screen, just press that button and it will take a snapshot.

Once you have the snapshot, go to Files or Photos, press the red button the remote and select “Local storage”, then you should see the snapshot file.  Press option, then select Copy or Move and then place move it to your PC or NAS.

If the backdrop is displaying it will not appear in the screenshot, but that’s alright.

Also, you should post the image on another site like Flickr and then post the link here.  It takes a while for the pics to be approved by the moderators so the other can see them.

1 Like

I have 100’s of movies with lstar’s moviesheets setup for my Gen 2 WD TV live. The folders also contain .tgmd files for everything. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use the tgmd metadata to convert to this theme for my new SMP?

I tried the screenshot, and got it to take it, however all of them are missing the backdrop photo for some reason. Not sure if the camera cycle overlay is knocking it out because of to many layers or what is going on… but the poor screenshot I posted above does at least show proof of concept so to speak. :wink: No point in the other ones, since they wont show the background in the shot.

That’s what I said, it won’t show the backdrop.  But that doesn’t matter I can still see what I need to.

If it’s possible I just need to see what’s going on to see if I can figure out what’s happening and I don’t need to see the backdrop to do that.

Yep, that’s what I thought.  I don’t think you are looking at the folder level.  Folders will have an “folder” icon at the top right corner as you can see in this pic.