DANGER WD cloud sync app kills ability to create rescue disc W7

Installing the WD discovery software that comes with the Passport drive will kill the ability of your computer (W7 at least) to create a rescue disk. Somehow the app interferes with “recdisc.exe”.

Much searching on the internet for solutions to why I could not write a rescue disk finally turned up a working solution. Any Cloud syncing app similar to Hubic Cloud Sync or Box Sync needs to be uninstalled before the repair disc writing function will work again. It seems that the WD app is similar enough that you will have to uninstall it if you want to make a repair disc. Here is the link that had the right information: https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336555-recdisc-exe-crashing-making-system-repair-disc.html

I uninstalled and was able to write the disc but I am unsure if it will work in the rescue/repair function later if the WD cloud sync is reinstalled and active at the time a rescue is needed. WD cloud sync app might effect both ends of the process not just the beginning. Maybe someone could comment on that issue because it would be a shame to not be able to do a rescue because of the WD app.