Customer support - Model number field?

I am trying to contact customer support via the “create a support case” . when I submit the form, the message I get is “enter a valid model number”. There is no field on the form for model number. There is a box for serial number, which I filled in.
Now what?

Hello Sirdoh ,

Can you provide the model number of the drive ?

Hi Peter,
Yes. I have all the details,
Its just that there is no field on the form to enter it. I.e. there is no field on the form labeled “model number” If there is somewhere else that I can enter it and have it recognized as a model number I would like to know where it is. However, as it stands, when I attempt to submit the form, I get an error message telling me to fill out a box that does not exist

Here is the form

Hi Sirdoh,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

Are you a robot or just taking the p!ss?

On the form there is a field above the serial number field. You can select either “I know my serial number” or I know my model number" If you select “I know my model number” the serial number field will change to a model number field. Can you try entering the model number there?

Sorry. I think we resolved this once. But I forget how.

On the Customer support form, selecting"troubleshooting" only brings up a “serial number” box. When I submit the form it asks for model number. Whatever I type into that the support form, its rejected and it asks for the other.
I tried sending the form using a different catagory but again, whichever I choose, it asks for the other one.

I can’t phone during the day.