Custom content info (xml)?

Hi,

Was just wondering… like how it is possible to have custom cover-art by just putting a ‘movie.jpg’ image of our choice along with the ‘movie.mkv’ file itself, is there a way to have custom ‘movie.xml’ with all the info I want?

I don’t have too many films/videos as of now… and was considering doing this… If I start now, it won’t be too difficult to keep going. This way, I can even have ‘info’ for home movies.

Is there an online resource of how this xml (if possible) should look like (preferably send an me example)?

Best

-A

Yea all you have to do is open the xml file and edit what ever info you want. I used Dreamweaver but you have to pay for that.

XML Notepad from Microsoft is FREE:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=72d6aa49-787d-4118-ba5f-4f30fe913628&displaylang=en

You can also just use a plain text editor, if you’re comfortable editing XML.

Here’s a Sample XML file from one of my TV shows:

<details>
        <title>JAG S01E01- A New Life (1)</title>
        <year>1995-09-23</year>
        <plot>"A New Life (1)"- Lt. Harmon "Harm" Rabb, a JG Lawyer who investigates and litigates crimes committed by Navy and Marine personnel, looks into the mysterious death of a female pilot aboard an aircraft carrier. Harm is convinced the female pilot who fell overboard didn't commit suicide, but was actually pushed, with all the suspects aboard the aircraft carrier.</plot>
        <overview>"A New Life (1)"- Lt. Harmon "Harm" Rabb, a JG Lawyer who investigates and litigates crimes committed by Navy and Marine personnel, looks into the mysterious death of a female pilot aboard an aircraft carrier. Harm is convinced the female pilot who fell overboard didn't commit suicide, but was actually pushed, with all the suspects aboard the aircraft carrier.</overview>
        <director>Donald P. Bellisario</director>
        <actor>
                <name>Patrick Labyorteaux</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>W.K. Stratton</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Terry O'Quinn</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Kevin Dunn</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Cliff DeYoung</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Katie Rich</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Raye Hollitt</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Kane Picoy</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Bill Bolender</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Tim Quill</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Matthew Glave</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Gregory McKinney</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Steve Fitchpatrick</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Scott Jaeck</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Joe Sabatino</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Rich Whiteside</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Gregory Vignolle</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
                <name>Clayton Prince</name>
                <role></role>
        </actor>
        <backdrop>http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/73710/126278.jpg</backdrop>
</details>

The whole document must be in

tag. 

The tag is currently not being used because of a bug, but hopefully WD will fix that.

The tag is optional.

and can contain the same information.   For some reason, the Hub generates BOTH tags, but right now, appears to only use the OVERVIEW tag.

You can have multiple tags for each director.

The tag has several subtags:

is the actor’s actual name.

is the role they play in the film.   I don’t believe the Hub uses the ROLE information for anything.

The tag is a pointer to online artwork that goes in the background of the Gallery view.

One thing i’ve noticed is that the backdrop image is downloaded from the internet.

What i want is to have my custom backdrops images which are stored in the same folder as my movie.

Is there a way of  changing that in the xml?

Can the layout of the gallery view be changed with a fixed backdrop?

hmm What i want is to be able to display codec information, +resolution of movie on the backdrops image to have a proper movie sheet just like a custom firware is able to do for the  wdtv live.

Hi Tony , Can you tell me how you generate those xml. files for TV shows ?

It’s my understanding that he generated the XML for the TV show by hand…

Doing it by hand is possible, but very tedious…

I wrote a Perl program that pulled all the info from TheTVDB.com and created the XML automatically for an entire series.

Thanks ! Can we the rest of us use it ?

If you are familiar with Perl, PM me and I’ll e-mail you the scripts.

unfortunately i am not…

TonyPh12345 

is is possible to make an offline photo appear as a backdrop?

as i want to customise to make it the gallery view sound more like a movie sheet view

for example : http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1249/tgsheetcopy1.jpg

basically i want only the some infomation to be displayed such as : Sound information, Resolution, codec information.

firetix wrote:

is is possible to make an offline photo appear as a backdrop?

Not as yet, that I know of…

I just can’t figure out how to use xml files to compile custom content info. I edited the info for a TV episode in TextEdit, dropped it in the folder with the show, made sure the two files were named the exact same thing, copied both over to the Hub …and nothing. Recompiled the media library and restarted the Hub …still nothing.

Anybody have any ideas?

zskirkton wrote:

I just can’t figure out how to use xml files to compile custom content info. I edited the info for a TV episode in TextEdit, dropped it in the folder with the show, made sure the two files were named the exact same thing, copied both over to the Hub …and nothing. Recompiled the media library and restarted the Hub …still nothing.

Anybody have any ideas?

You are running 2.03.24, right?