Current Roku 3 customer looking for TrueHD and DTS HD

All, Just bought a Roku 3 and after getting it connected (with Plex Media Server through a Denon 4311 Receiver) I am realizing movies with TrueHD and DTSHD 7.1 audio tracks do not come through with all 8 channels. They only light up 5. Being able to listen to all 8 channels is a big deal for me and I know of know way to make that happen with the Roku. i have been reading that updates now allow this for the WDTV Live product. If you look at their product manual at the end it seems to verify this: http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705062.pdf.  My question is have any of you officially verified 7.1 sound with your DD True HD and DTSHD DVD rips in a similar setup to mine?

Thanks, Ben

Welcome to the Community. The provided link is currently broken. There are many generations of the WD TV Live, are you able to share the model number?

Regards,

The link just has a period on it.  Here it is again:   http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705062.pdf

The question is not so much model related.  i assume whatever the latest is.  I need to be able to stream a mkv, mp4, or whatever that has a 7.1 soundtrack to from my PC through the WDTV to my Denon 4311 and not lose the 2 back channels in the process.  Will the WDTV do this?  I found out the hard way that the Roku 3 will not, and I dont want to make another purchase without being certain.

Thanks,

Ben

I know for certain that both of the latest WD TV models will “bitstream” both Dolby True HD and DTS-HD MA just fine, ONLY over HDMI.

While both of my Pioneer receivers support DTS-HD MA and Dolby True-HD, I don’t have them configured in a 7.1-channel setup, so I can’t state for certain that ALL of the channels are passed.  But I don’t see why they wouldn’t be…

Thats good news.  Hopefully someone can say with certainty that all 8 channels get passed.  Anyone know if there is a support email address or something for WD that I can ask the question to?

benm024 wrote:

Thats good news.  Hopefully someone can say with certainty that all 8 channels get passed.  Anyone know if there is a support email address or something for WD that I can ask the question to?

You can either call or email support in order to get assistance.

Contact WD

Thank you.  Me lacking patience I went to my local best buy and picked one up.  I am happy to say this product passes through all the DTS and DOLBY HD I could throw at it, with all 8 channels coming through!  Well done WD.

Thanks for the follow-up!! :slight_smile: