Ctorrent on a my book world edition

I am having trouble with the ctorrent on the my world book world edition 1tb> I have just had the unit replaced by the retailer I purchased the original unit from,( the ctorrnet was not working on the original one, so I thought) and now I have the same problem, I am unclear to what is happening. I can download a torrent file straight to both pc’s which are connected to a belkin n router but just won’t work on the mbwe so now I am guessing that there was probably nothing wrong with the original one. The downloader was working fine one day and the next day it wasn’t , I am guessing that the issue is between the router and the mbwe. One pc is running vista and the other xp so I don’t think the problem is there. If anybody has any ideas let me know ( please explain in detail if possible ), Thanks in advance

Hi jullz,

Try opening ports 2106 to 2780, TCP and UDP.

My cTorrent doesnn’t work well too.

To resolve, I installed ‘Transmission’ feature pack on my 1.5TB MBWE and it works very well.

I keep the ports above OPEN.

If you are worried about warranty, just know that any feature pack is un-installabe and leaves no traces after reboot.

Thanks Jacob, if you could help me a bit more that would be great, I am unsure how to install transmission onto the mbwe, any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks Jullz

jullz wrote:

Thanks Jacob, if you could help me a bit more that would be great, I am unsure how to install transmission onto the mbwe, any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks Jullz

Ofcourse,

1. First of all open the ports above.

On my router, when I opened those ports I commented them as NAS.
I don’t remember why I did it but since all works well, I suggest you do the same.

1. Go here:

http://highlevelbits.free.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=42&Itemid=68&lang=en

Its a guide to install FeauturePack Manager

1. When the manager installed, install the transmission app.

Enjoy!

1 Like

thanks Jacob, nice work, didn’t open any ports but did load the transmission app, working well so far , once again thanks

jullz wrote:

thanks Jacob, nice work, didn’t open any ports but did load the transmission app, working well so far , once again thanks

You are welcome!