Create Safepoint - can't find target drive

I’m have an i’mac running OSX Lion and I have 2 x My Book Live drives on my network.  I want to use 1 drive as a Safepoint but when I go to create the Safepoint and discover drive, the 2nd drive doesn’t show up.  Although it does show in Finder.

Any ideas why not?

Thank you,

Steve

Are both MBLs named “MyBookLive”?

Thank you for your reply.

No.  I have renamed them both MyBookLive1 & MyBookLive2.

No problem. . . I don’t mean to insult your inteligence, but I have a few more simple questions that might help figure it out.

1. Can you see both drives from Finder?

2. Can the second MBL see the first? (maybe the problem is just with the one unit)

3. Can you ping both of them from the Terminal (#ping mybooklive2.local), and what are their IP addresses? (to make sure they are on the same network)

1.Yes I can see both drive from the Finder 

2.No neither drive can see the other, they only discover the mac drive 

3.They both ping form Terminal.  MBL1 is 169.254.6.219.  MBL2 is 192.168.1.84.  Both on the same Workgroup.

Thank you.

I don’t know if it’s relevant but MBL1 is wired into my Mac and MBL2 is wired into my hub.

Thanks again.

stevo75 wrote:

I don’t know if it’s relevant but MBL1 is wired into my Mac and MBL2 is wired into my hub. 

Bingo.  They both need to be on your Ethernet hub.

The way you have them connected, it’s not possible for them to see each other at all, because your MAC is sitting between them.