Cover Art Problems Continue?

Has there been any confirmation from WD that the cover art browsing, specifically related to VOB files, was broken after the 2.07.17 release?

I can’t believe that we’ve now hit 3.07.14 and we still don’t have a resolution to this issue.  I have multiple devices that can browse my VOB library, and I’m not about to start changing the folder organization just the LiveHub.

Can we get some type of response from WD regarding this issue?

they are aware but…
Well I just finished re-riping 86 DVDs to ISO
so its no longer an issue to me

Changing the file type for me would just as bad as changing the folder structure, I have no interest in moving to ISO’s.

Bump.

Still waiting for a fix, or maybe even some type of response from WD.

Bump.

Still no response from WD.

You can contact WD if you need them to address this

the forum is for users such as yourself

I’ve requested assistance both directly as well as via the “issue reporting” section of this forum with no success.

WD hasn’t responded in either case, so I have no choice other than to try to annoy someone into reviewing this item and giving it the attention it has needed since 2.07.17.

Tested the recent release, still no fix for this ongoing issue.  Rolling back to 2.07.17, the last decent FW that WD has released for this product.

I’m not asking for things that I know aren’t possible.  Notice that I’m not asking for faster transfer speeds, support for other apps, I’m simply asking for something to be fixed that was previously broken.

foetus wrote:

they are aware but…

This is still the best / easiest way to drop DVD’s onto the Hub. No need for seperate folders and cover.jpg with the same name as the movie.iso works like any other file/movie extension …

Medic wrote:

foetus wrote:

they are aware but…

This is still the best / easiest way to drop DVD’s onto the Hub. No need for seperate folders and cover.jpg with the same name as the movie.iso works like any other file/movie extension …

I respectfully disagree. Since day 1 I have been ripping my DVDs and BDs to lossless MKV and have had zero issues with them. The few I have ripped to ISO have been hit and miss for some reason.

I have had not problem with ISOs whatsoever.  I have over 400 ISO files that work exactly the same as the AVIs, MKV and all other formats I use. I have them in genre folders, (most of which are filled with mixed formats) and I get the cover art, and have the movie sheets working fine with the theme I am using. I can’t say ISO is better than MKV or vice versa, just that as I was ripping several hundred DVDs it was certainly going to be the quickest.

Summary: I find not differance in the behavior of ISO, MKV, AVI, MP4 etc. All seem to work fine for cover art and movie sheets.  The Video_TS directories do not work well so I have given up on getting them to show cover art. I cannot find any consistant behavior with them. Some of them show the covers, some didn’t so I can’t be bothered with them.

-P

I am making 1:1  copy of DVD, that way I am keeping menus, extras, audio (PCM for music)  and I am not additionally recompressing video.

foetus wrote:

I am making 1:1  copy of DVD, that way I am keeping menus, extras, audio (PCM for music)  and I am not additionally recompressing video.

That’s fine for DVDs, but it does not work for BD discs.

Miami_Son wrote:

foetus wrote:

That’s fine for DVDs, but it does not work for BD discs.

You are right.

BD Iso does not support menus and all other stuff.

90% of my rips are from BD discs. That’s why I prefer MKV. :wink:

MKV and ISO aren’t impcated by this issue.

With MKV and ISO, you don’t have a secondary folder like you do with VOB, which is where the issue lies.

With a VOB, you have the base folder “MOVIE TITLE” and then inside that folder, you have the VIDEO_TS folder.  The Hub places metadata inside the VIDEO_TS folder after performing a “get content info” lookup, and the hub does not display the image.

@Zodad

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/OLD-BUG-Cover-art-doesn-t-show-on-DVD-structured-folder-with/idi-p/315341

as you can see I have reported that problem year ago.

Aware of that, thank for you doing so.  There are a significant number of posters who have all reported the same issue.  I’ve decided not to let it go and continue to post updates until the issue gets some attention.