Couple of questions from a new user

I have my photos in directories on my USB external HDD, when I sync’d with the WD Live they were copied across to it but not put in the same directories as on the external drive - they were all lumped in to one directory and with over 7000 photos, that’s a lot of scrolling !  Is there any way to get them in the same dirs they were in on the externall HDD ?

Also if I want to add a movie can I copy the VIDEO_TS to a USB drive then sync with the WD Live to get it on to the box ?

Finally if Get Info doesn’t find any info on a film is there a way to manually get artwork and synopsis added to a film ?

thanks

Hmmm.  Are you sure they’re not in folders?   Maybe you just need to change the SORT / FILTER options to VIEW by Folder?

Also if I want to add a movie can I copy the VIDEO_TS to a USB drive then sync with the WD Live to get it on to the box ?

Yes, you should be able to do that.

Finally if Get Info doesn’t find any info on a film is there a way to manually get artwork and synopsis added to a film ?

Yes, you can use ThumbGen or several other 3rd party tools to do that.

thanks for the replies, I will try the sort thing on the photos

I assume if I put the VIDEO_TS on the USB stick then sync it will *add* the film to my existing library rather than wiping my current library and replacing it with just the film on the USB stick