Corrupted WD passport essential hard disk

I got a 500GB external hard disk. It stop working recently. When i plug to my laptop it does show what device i had plug in and i can savely remove it. But the problem is i cant see my hard disk at windows explorer. It shows in Disk Management but i cant do anything, not even format it; it shows that unallocated.  I dont really want to format it anyway cause i got a lot of important data in that hard disk and i want to get back all my data. Is that hard disk consider corrupted or something else…Thanks for advance to those who reply me…

here is the disk management pic

Hello,

Unfortunately, if the drive is corrupted the only way to make the unit operational is formatting the drive. However, this action will remove all the drive content. 

hi there,

Im not sure is the hard disk is corrupted or not. But the thing is i cant even format it. please take a look at the link i post. Thank you 

Hi there,

I got to update my hard disk status. When i click on the DISK 1 and initialize it. It came out that “media is write protected”. What does it means?

Hello. In this case, the drive seems to be defective. I recommend to use Data LifeGuard Diagnostics to complete the an Extended Test on your drive.  The test will return an error code that will give you the status of your drive.  If the drive contains errors, it may be able to repair the drive for you.  You can click on the link provided below for instructions.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940

I try to do the QUICK TEST and EXTENDED TEST and it pop up “too many bad sector detected”. What can i do?