Corrupted? My Passport and iMac OS X

Hello,

I’ve recently used My Passport HD on a new iMac and it seems to be corrupted.  I usually used to back-up on my Mac Book Pro,  and plugged it in into the new iMac to download some files.  When I I plugged it back into the mackbook pro,  the following message pops up -

“Max OS X Can’t repair the disk…you can still open or copy files on the disk,  but you can’t save v]changes to files on the disk.  Back up the disk and reformat as soon as possible”

So,  I plugged in another hard drive,  a Seagate,  to back up the My Passport HD  and a message pops up to say that it’s not possible to do copy the files over.

I can see the files on the My PAssport,  but it seems to be corrupted for some reason.   Can anyone help with the problem?  Even advice about how to to copy the files over would be much appreciated,  as I’m struggling to do that. 

Thanks

Sophia. 

Hello, 

It may be possible to still extract the data utilizing data recovery software. There are several kinds of Data Recovery software available. If you do a  web search for  Data Recovery  it will yield plenty of data recovery software options.