Corrupted External WD My Passport SSD partition map and now missing data mysteriously

Corrupted External WD My Passport SSD partition map and now missing data mysteriously…

the Mac Catalina disk utility is not fixing the drive.

“First Aid process has failed. If possible back up the data on this volume. Click Done to continue.”

“Fixing damaged partition map.”
“Couldn’t modify partition map. : (-69874)”

“Operation failed…”

it’s an exfat used both on mac and windows. the drive has been cared for beautifully and used with quality computers… my power source has a surge protector, my cables are new, I have security software.

there could have been indicators of a problem throughout the past week, like the drive mysteriously having trouble mounting, then flat out missing a lot of data. i was doing some recovery on it with RTT R Studio software before this whole ordeal. since purchased, this drive has been perfectly functional… and now that I am missing data, and cannot repair it, or image it, or recover it, it’s kind of concerning.

it’s almost like it’s mysterious that the drive is missing data and only now shows some data, meanwhile disk utility is not fixing something it’s detecting and also I’m noticing.

the drive is now not able to be imaged by softwares, or recovered by softwares.

this is absolutely inappropriate and concerning. your troubleshooting input is highly valued.

thanks.