Copying info from C: to My Cloud

I have noticed that copying files to my Cloud does not warn about copies. My My Cloud has, for various reasons been “Idle” and my files in C: have been accumulated fresh data which I finally, am intending to upload.
I have anyhow carried out few test and have noticed that no warnings appear, if my loading is resulting into having duplicate files in My Cloud. As a result of this I have considered simply to delete the old ones in My Cloud and copy all of the folders involved there. Doing this includes the change that I might loose some material, which is not on my existing C:.
Any Ideas?
Thanks

First, how are you copying your files to your My Cloud? Are you using SmartWare?

How are you copying the files? Using Windows File Explorer I get a warning about duplicate files asking me if I want to overwrite it…

1 Like

I get the same warning as Bennor (Using Windows) … I also use TeraCopy and that will do the same thing (Give a Warning)

Hello otava1,

Typically you should see a message that file with same name exists in the destination if you transfer same file to a particular destination again. You would also be asked if you would like to replace the file or skip the transfer etc. If you’re not getting this message then more likely you’re not transferring the file to the same share/folder. Else, the file name may have been modified.

In case, you’re using WD SmartWare software for transferring the data then it may keep copies of the same file if the file was updated or modified. Also, you may configure the software to keep desired number of updates/copies for files backed up using SmartWare.

If you’re certain that you’re transferring same file to the same directory again on the My Cloud drive and are still not getting a message warning the file already exists in that destination then you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

Thanks Logan
Now it works. I do not know what did I do when I managed to drop two copies into same folder without causing an error message. Well, anyways it works now.

One more thing I wonder is if there is any video tutorial about how to sync the Database I am trying to maintane in My Claud. What I mean is that when I create a picture say in my laptop it would be copied to My Cloud. Rhe system would be synchronized, anyhow if I delete the picture or any other file in my laptop, it would still remain in My Cloud.

Thanks
Kalevi