Copying from external HDD to MyBook fills up my C drive

I was copying a large quantity of files from my external HDD via my PC to my new Mybook Live 3Tb. After a while my PC stated that the C drive was full. 
After a long time trying to find out why, I noticed that there was a copy of all of the files I had copied, in a hidden Temporary Internet Files folder.
An example is
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\BN3WSW8K
This does not clear when using Internet Options - Delete Browsing History, and it ignores any size limit placed on the Browser Cache.
I tested with a single file from my C drive, copied it to my Mybook Live and yes, it appeared in the TIF.
Is there a way this undesireable behaviour can be prevented, as it renders the massive storage of the Mybook useless if it needs the same on the PC as well!

I believe WebDAV may be what is using this TIF folder. I wonder if that is loaded by using the little Drive Mapper utility WD Link.

Stuart

No, the drive mapper just tells Windows where the drive is.   It’s WINDOWS that screws up and mounts it via WebDAV.

WebDAV FAQ:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/WebDAV-FAQ/td-p/463854

Thanks Tony, I’ll let you know how I get on when I get back home in a few days. Primer looks good!

Stuart

Net Use threw error 1734. I unmapped the drive (which had been mapped using WD Link) and remapped using Windows. Net Use then worked and showed that Microsoft Windows Network was being used.

Optimistically I reran the Sync program I was using, and it copied the files much faster and also the filling up of the Temp Internet Files ceased. Result, cheers Tony!

Stuart