Copy Shares to USB Drive via SSH Putty

Hello fellow users,
Here’s what happened:

Western Digital experienced a service outage impacting My Cloud, My Cloud Home, My Cloud Home Duo, My Cloud OS5, etc… and resolved the issue after a week or so.
After I logged in on the device, I tried to enable Cloud Access, but I couldn’t, so I chatted with technical support and they advised doing a 4-sec or 40-sec reset.
After doing both, I noticed my device has been set to a mode where data storage shows 0kB free on the dashboard, so I called technical support and they advised doing another 40-sec reset.
After doing so, it showed the expected storage info on the dashboard (2.22 TB free out of 4TB), which means my 1.8 TB data should be available.
However, my data (5 folders) ware not seen under the Shares tab, so after seeking some help from technical support, I enabled SSH and accessed the device via SSH Putty and entered the following commands to check and make sure my data exists:

ls -la /shares
ls -la /mnt/HD/HD_a2/

I noticed that my data exists (5 folders inside the main NAS folder that I previously created).
Now, my main goal is to copy those 5 folders to a directly attached USB drive via SSH Putty. Any suggestions are highly appreciated as I made the biggest mistake in my life by not previously backing this device up.

Hi @Rolitto,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Thanks for your reply.
I did, but to be honest, she had no idea how to help me with the commands that I needed to copy the data from the NAS to a directly-attached USB drive via SSH Putty since the shares were hidden on the GUI of the NAS. However, after digging for a while, I managed to find what I needed.