Copy NAS to NAS: folders messed up. sub directory Folders get scattered/expanded

Hi, I’m using Win 10 to copy data from an EX2 to EX2 ultra.

I’m using the program “ExtremeCopy pro” to perform the copy (and it preserves original file creation dates).

I selected a group of folders (from the Win explorer window of the EX2 directory).

Then I paste (into the Win explorer window of the EX2 Ultra directory).

While copying, "ExtremeCopy pro" keeps giving me popup errors:

"The system cannot find the file specified."

I click ok, and it continues copying. It seems that all files are copying…But it seems that folders loose their placement.

I.e. “Folder A” has 5 folders in it ( Folder 1 – 5 ). And each of those 5 folders have 2 more folders in them ( Folder i – ii ).

But after the copy, the folders get scattered. So in the directory of the EX2 ultra , it lists Folder A, 1, 2, 3…5, i, and ii – instead of listing them in their correct sub directory (from the original EX2 ).

This is a problem because 1) I have many folders with the same name. E.g. “New Folder 2.” And 2) I have to manually move folders into their correct sub directory.

I think the problem might be related to the special “.wdmc” folder and “transcoded_files” that are associated with each folder on the EX2 .

But when I copy to the EX2 Ultra , the transcoding folders or format might be different??

So they don’t copy, and spark an error, which seems to confuse the copy job??.. thus the “Folder 1” looses its placement in the stack.

Q:

How can I fix this so I don’t have to manually copy 200 folders with their sub directories? – yet I need to use a program like “ExtremeCopy pro” to keep original file dates.

Thanks