Copy HEIC files to a second My Cloud Home Duo

I have HEIC files on my first My Cloud Home Duo and it works perfectly with the iOS app. Live images are displayed as moving pictures.

The problem:
I have a second My Cloud Home Duo and when I copy the HEIC images from the first to the second device the images are not displayed correctly, neither with the app nor via internet and cannot be opened, see attached screenshots.

Can anyone support me in this or suggest a solution?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Toni

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: My Cloud Home: iOS & Android HEIC Files Show No Thumbnail and Unsupported Format

Hi Jonty S.

Thank you for the information.

I am aware that it works via iOS device. The problem is that I want to copy the pictures from the first to the second My Cloud Home Duo and unfortunately I don’t have the photos on my mobile phone anymore.

Downloading these from My Cloud Home Duo back to my mobile phone is not a solution, because the pictures are no longer displayed as live.

Hello @Guadagnino74, I have also faced this.

The exact problem is that when auto backup is on, the thumbnail and previews are generated by mobile device hence heic photos work fine

but when uploading directly to My Cloud Home device, be it either by uploading or transferring it doesn’t work because the device does not support heic format

I have addressed this problem in: Ideas for WD for making MCH better

Unfortunately, WD never listen.
And I will recommend that we should buy a different NAS altogether and reuse these hard drives