Copy from wd to laptop over network hangs

Have MyCloud EX2. Copying folder to it from laptop no problem. Copying from laptop to nas hangs. Have nas folder and laptop folder open on screen. If I click in nas folder, 1 file is transferred. Then hangs again. Can repeat this many times, but always hangs. Disable MacAfee and Malwarebytes did not help.

Mistake. Copy from nas to laptop hangs. That is: one direction not problem, other does not work.

You may want to search through the dedicated EX2 subforum to see if anyone else had a similar issue. This subforum (My Cloud) is generally for the single bay/single drive My Cloud units.

https://community.wd.com/c/network-attached-storage/wd-my-cloud-ex2

That said, what operating system is the laptop using adn how are you copying the files (using what program/application)? If it happens ONLY on one computer that indicates a specific problem with that one computer.

Windows 10. Using copy/paste. Dragging, Copy/Paste, and crl+c/ctrl+v all fail. Same problem with other computer.

On both units I tried occasionally unexpected network error 0x8007003B pops up. Clicking Try again starts copying, that grinds to a halt, but can re-start by clicking anywhere in the source folder. One or a few files are copied. Then stops again.