Copy files from smartphone to device attached to WDTV

@slip

Thanks for the info (you can exhale now!)

I will save this thread and look closer at what you wrote, but for now, I will just comment that I keep no music or videos on my iPad or Kindle (the files are storage space-wasters)   – I prefer to stream media to the devices via the home network.  Sometimes, I do want music or video on them for example, travel:  I have put media like a movie or two on to either using other means (e.g. copying a movie via Twonky Beam).  I also have a little music on both devices from my Amazon Cloud Player for “emergency music” for times I cannot stream. 

And, if that is not enough, I recently bought a Seagate wireless hard drive (I have the Satellite, and the newer one is called Wireless Plus).  This battery powered HD emits its own wireless signal that the mobile devices can connect to via an app.  I have all my digital music and videos that the mobile devices can play on the drive.  Very cool.

As for the new uses I have for FileBrowser and ESFE, I now have an easier way to grab files from my network to put on the mobile devices.

Edit:

Oh yea, and I forgot to mention I have a Pogoplug with two drives attached that also have the same media on them, and they are accessable via home or from anywhere in the world via internet.  Also, quite cool.

You are welcome Mike.

Like you I only tend to use any of these functions while travelling.

I tend to use the ZappoTV WDTVMedia app to stream stuff from my iPod to the WD.

Generally works quite well.

The built-in YouTube topic streaming is quite good too providing you can track down the interesting content.

slip

I’m not a fan either.

To achive the goal,

5 steps on Android & 1 app

15 steps for iDevice & 2 app’s

slip

Slip,  I found the Zappo app inconsistant and crashed a lot. (Darn, and it was not free).  I use the Twonky Beam app exclusively now.  It’s free and hardly ever crashes.  I highly recommend you use Twonkey Beam for both iOS and Android…  It provides for logging into my YouTube account where I can find my subscriptions, etc. to beam – you can even beam from other websites they provide, or even some you can type in and go to (ex:  NPR).  I have written lots of posts here about it – look for them.

Funny that, I have both & have very little trouble with Zappo but loads of problems with Twonky Beam.
Go figure :slight_smile:
Regards
slip

Yea, it has been a long while since I used the Zappo app – many, many months,  I got fed up with it’s flaky operation and when I found TB, made the switch.  BUT, they have been updating the app fairly often (mostly saying “bug fixes”) so I will give a go again real soon and see how it goes.

Wow, huge conversation I started her. Thanks for all the support. Unfortunatly my phone allready broke and I´m not able to try the advices. I actually tried out the ES File Explorer but only the light version you don´t have to pay for. Under network I couldn´t find my WDTV device. Do you need the full version of this programm to transport files that easily?

I don’t know about any lite version. I did not pay anything and it all works for me. In fact it makes reference on the download page as being free.

You have to scan to find the WD player or anything else on the network, either that or add the network address manually.

richUK wrote:

I don’t know about any lite version. I did not pay anything and it all works for me. In fact it makes reference on the download page as being free.

You have to scan to find the WD player or anything else on the network, either that or add the network address manually.

+1. The app is fee on Android, no lite version.

-P