Converting the DL4100 into an NVR

can i share a folder in DL4100 to store a surveillance videos 

if i have an PoE swtich connected throw the CCTV cameras and then connected direactly to the DL4100 or the DL2100 if possible how can i do that? or do i have to install an NVR in between and use the DL2100/4100 as a storage bank? 

thank you 

The easiest would be to simply use the DL for storage for DVR that supports networked drives.  Other than that you have to find software that will do DVR on the DL and some to install it.  I think the 2gb ram may also limit if you have high def cameras

1 Like

I have set up an iSCSI on the DL4100, partitioned it to ExFAT (because it seems to like that the best for some reason) and am using that partition for my surveillance. It works wonders.

Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

thanks for the information, are you using NVR if so what is the name of the brand and howmany cameras did you attach in the system, and what is the resolution of the cameras!! 

thank you 

thanks for the information, are you using NVR if so what is the name of the brand and howmany cameras did you attach in the system, and what is the resolution of the cameras!! 

thank you 

My set up is a little rigged, but I have 14 cameras total at 1080p around the warehouse. It’s the Lorex NVR with 16 channels.

What’s your set up? How many cameras do you have

* Reminder to hit the ‘star’ if you find any of the info useful :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: [Advertising] Converting the DL4100 into an NVR