Continuous Backup does not work

Hi,

I have installed the WD Smartware on my lap top. I have set two backup’s, one for each partion (C and D) of my hard drive. On both I have select to Backup Frequency as “Continuous Backup”.

The strange thing is that it works on the setup for the D partion but it does not work properly for the C partion. The first time I did the Backup on the C directories, it went all right but after that a strange thing happened. 

One of the folder I have selected for “Continous Backup” is the ones that have my Itunes files (“Itunes Media”). When I update an App or download a new one that goes on the “Mobile Application” directoy it updates perfectly as soon I have it, but when download a new song from the Apple store, it does not. It is like a there are no new files.

Does someone know how to work around this issue?

Thanks

Hello,

In order to do a continuous backup on both partitions you have to select the “File backup” option.

he said

“One of the folder I have selected for “Continous Backup” is the ones that have my Itunes files”

that sure makes it sound like he has already opted to do the file/folder backup, and not category.

Yes, you are right. I ahd already opted to do the file/folder backup, and not category.

I am also having a problem with continuous back up. It used to work for me, but I just noticed that it isn’t actually backing up new files. As you can see by the photo I’ve attached, there is a 53 GB discrepancy between what WD SmartWare thinks I have and what I actaully have on my F drive. Furthermore, the only files it’s wanting to update are 3 meaningless downloads that I deleted, and it is perma-stuck trying to update only these three files.

What’s the deal? This is very frustrating.

In addition, this is what I see on the “Home” tabe in WD SmartWare, for some reason it can acurately read my F Drive’s size here, but it’s unfortunately “Excluded.”

Please help.

Sorry, forgot the image.