Contestant “time outs” when logged into wdmycloudex2.local

Tried multiple browsers. Interface is so glitchy all of a sudden now that we’ve passed OS3 support window. How convenient.

When I type in wdmycloudex2.local on my browser it goes to login screen. Type in admin and Click login (no password) EVERY TIME it will just go blank and sit there then send up a “time out. Login again” message. If you log in then as it sits there you click the refresh arrow on the browser it will log into the user page. Well not without first making you check the new ULA box EVERY TIME then click past the “support is changing nag” - but that only gets me a minute or so of interface before it will just timeout AGAIN even while I’m actively interacting with the interface.

Also, I tried backing my 4T raid drives to a brand new WD 12T usb external. Somewhere in the process it “failed” but offered no other information or resolution. What do I do other than try again?

Is this WD’s way of trying to get us to upgrade to OS5 compatible products by neglecting to debug our user interface now? Fat chance. I’ll just go to synology like everyone else.

Hi @Mac_MyCloudEX2,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask