Contents of Drive Manager v3.1.0?

Apparently from discussions on the WD Community (which I could only find with Google, not by searching in the WD Community web site), WD Drive Manager version 3.1 actually appears to be a wrapper that installs something like WD Drive Manager v2.3.1 and WD Raid Manager v1.1.5 (at least I hope so). After installing WD Drive Manager 3.1.0.14 several times on my Mountain Lion (10.8.5) system, I continue to see WD Drive Manager v2.3.1 and WD Raid Manager v1.1.5. It might take time and significant effort to change the configuration management system at WD to show consistent version numbers for the constituents of Drive Manager, but it would be trivial for WD to post in this forum what software is installed by WD Drive Manager 3.1.0.14 – and in fact, wd.com really needs to explicitly state what specific applications and versions of  software should be installed by each of their installers. 

This communication is an essential part of decent support – how are users supposed to know that the installer worked correctly without this information. The plethora of discussions on the WD Community also make it clear that this is an essential part of good public relations.

twizzard,

See if the following link helps.

http://community.wd.com/t5/External-Drives-for-Mac/Drive-Manager-v3-1-0-shows-v2-3-1/m-p/688741#M9325

Assuming the previous post is correct (as a techie, I hate assumptions), that answers half the question. There was no mention of the WD Raid Manager’s version, assuming it is part of the package (and probably the major reason for my use of the download). If you know, wouldn’t it be simpler to simply state what software products are installed by WD Drive Manager v3.1 and their versions?