Content scan doesn't match DLNA scan results

Hey everybody,

i have the following problem: I had around 20.000 images (png or jpg) on my cloud drive but when i try to open the photos via wd photos it doesn’t show me all. Tried to reboot the system or to rebuild the DLNA database but without any luck.

The content scan dialog shows me that DLNA media server found the right amount of photos but the current database shows only 2.500 photos. What can i do to solve that problem? The wd photos app shows exactly these 2.500 photos.

Would be great if you can help me.

Thanks,
Jochen

Of the 20,000 images how many of them are in “PNG” format? I found that the WD Photos app on my Android device doesn’t show or list “PNG” files (nor list bmp, gif, raw, tiff files either).

Edit to add: Seems only JPG is supported with the WD Photos app. The other way to see all the files is to use the WD My Cloud mobile app which will (or should) show all files. While the WD My Cloud app will show JPG files, other files are opened by choosing an app on the mobile device.

Well that could explain that problem. Let me try to convert them to jpg and upload them to the drive.

It was not suggested you convert the PNG file to JPG. This would be a total waste of time. It was implied (although not actually suggested) that you now use the newer My Cloud app instead of the older My Photo app. I have no problem seeing either format photo file via My Cloud Never have used My Photo app.

Actually it was suggested; “The other way to see all the files is to use the WD My Cloud mobile app which will (or should) show all files.” :wink:

I’d agree, no need to convert the files. Just use the My Cloud app and not the WD Photo app. When the My Cloud app encounters a file it cannot open it will prompt the user to select an app (if one is available) from the mobile device to open the file.