Content Info Collection

My SMP connects over the network to a network share that has all my movies, with each movie in a separate folder. Will I be able to gather content information in this setup, or does the hdd need to be directly connected to the SMP?

Thanks,

Steve

That will work.

It doesnt seem to work but I could be doing something wrong.

When I add my network share for my movies the SMP looks for an id and pswd to access the shares. It has loaded anonymous and some pswd. I click ok and the shares are then visible. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Why does this anonymous id and pswd come up, when I have not id/pswd protected the movie share?

2. Should I take this anonymous id and pswd to mean read-only access?

3. Has anyone else been able to get content collection working from a network share, as I am seeing alot of chatter about having to do this with a locally attached USB device.

I am running 1.05.18 of the firmware.

Thanks,

Steve

This happened to me as well. The only way I could move forward was to add a password to my PC. Then after entering the PC profile name and password you’ll be able to access the folders you’ve allowed for sharing.

As far as the content info, once you’ve added files to the media library you’ll be able to do this over network share without a problem. There’s no need to lug your drive to the SMP thankfully :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

SteveP wrote:

It doesnt seem to work but I could be doing something wrong.

When I add my network share for my movies the SMP looks for an id and pswd to access the shares. It has loaded anonymous and some pswd. I click ok and the shares are then visible. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Why does this anonymous id and pswd come up, when I have not id/pswd protected the movie share?
  1. Should I take this anonymous id and pswd to mean read-only access?
  1. Has anyone else been able to get content collection working from a network share, as I am seeing alot of chatter about having to do this with a locally attached USB device.

I am running 1.05.18 of the firmware.

Thanks,

Steve

1.  ALL Samba Shares required a USER ID and PASSWORD.   If your SERVER doesn’t need them, then the default will work.

2.  No, it depends on how you’ve set up the share.  If your Share is allowed READ/WRITE, then anonymous can do read/write.

3.  Absolutely.   I’ve got bunches of network shares working.