Constant high-pitched noise Windows 7 and 8

I am getting a constant high-pitched noise when running Windows 8 . It starts after some seconds booting into Windows 8, and is present both when writing/reading and idling. Writing/reading makes the noise a little lower.

The hard drive is a WD green (WD500AACS) and the motherboard is Asus M3A78-EMH HDMI. When booting another OS from a CD - clonezilla (restoring an image) or UBCD4Win (running HDtune) - the noise cannot be heard. Moving the hard drive to another PC running Windows 7 there is no noise.

So I guess it must be a software problem within Windows 8? Are there any settings, which maybe can remove the noise?

Hello, check if the link below helps. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/568

Thx for the link. But it does not help, as I have gone through the all steps, but only hear the noise when running Windows 8.

I have noticed that AHCI in not enabled in the BIOS. So I am gonna enable AHCI in the BIOS, reinstall Windows 8 and maybe Windows 7, to see if using different driver will help.

Enabling AHCI did not help.

I have installed Windows XP, 7 and 8 on the PC with hard drive WD green (WD500AACS) and motherboard Asus M3A78-EMH HDMI. The noise can be heard both in Windows 7 and 8, but not in Windows XP.