Connectting 2 MyBooks to each other

hello, i have an older version MyBook Premium and just got a new one MyBook Studio. I Like to connect them to each other via firewire (as i told that only possible option connectting each other is via firewire) and want to connect to my home network via USB.

I connectted 2 MyBooks together via firewire but cannot see none of them.

what should i do? or is it not possible to connect them to each other and use as one external hdd.

my modem has only one USB input, so what can i do to connect 2 MyBooks to the home network modem, Linksys WAG320N

Not knowing your routers capabilities I’d suggest getting a USB hub and connecting that to the router, then connecting the HDDs to the hub. You can get them relatively cheaply with and without external power. I’d recomment an externally powered one (Over bus powered) just to be sure.

EliasGR wrote:

hello, i have an older version MyBook Premium and just got a new one MyBook Studio. I Like to connect them to each other via firewire (as i told that only possible option connectting each other is via firewire) and want to connect to my home network via USB.

I connectted 2 MyBooks together via firewire but cannot see none of them.

what should i do? or is it not possible to connect them to each other and use as one external hdd.

my modem has only one USB input, so what can i do to connect 2 MyBooks to the home network modem, Linksys WAG320N

Your user guide says that the USB port is for connecting “a” drive.  You need to check with Linksys to see if the port has daisy chaining capability.