Connection to wdmycloudmirror (gen2) is inconsistent (keeps dropping out)

All of a sudden my wdmycloudmirror gen2 has started behaving strangely.

I attempted to browse to shared folders from my laptop and received a network error.

Attempting to reach the web dashboard I received a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.

Attempting to connect via SSH I receive a message Network error: connection refused.

If I ping the device it does respond and with no delays.

Only thing is every now and again I can connect to the device for a few minutes via all of those methods where it has stopped working, but only for a few short period of time (not long enough to even log in and restart the device) before I’m no longer able to reach any functionality on the device.

Windows network diagnosis returns an error as follows:

The remote device or resource won’t accept the connection Detected Detected

The device or resource (wdmycloudmirror) is not set up to accept connections on port “The File and printer sharing (SMB)”.

Unfortunately I can’t find anywhere to offer a solution to fix that.

All devices on my network are using static IP addresses including the wdmycloudmirror

I’ve rebooted the device a couple of times.

I’ve connected the device to another network switch.

The lights on the front of the device are showing blue, the light on the ethernet port flashes suggesting there is activity.

I’m a bit lost for ideas now. Anyone know how I could start to diagnose this?

You may want to see the dedicated subforum for the My Cloud Mirror where users more familiar with that device may be able to assist with your issue.

https://community.wd.com/c/personal-cloud-storage/wd-my-cloud-mirror/110

This subforum (My Cloud) generally discusses the single bay/single drive My Cloud model.

Edit to add: If using Windows 10, make sure SMB1.0/CIFS is enabled. Recent Microsoft updates may disable that option in Windows causing access problems with many network attached storage devices like the various WD My Cloud products.

How to Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support on Windows 10
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4155