Connecting WD My World Book 2 to a Chromebook

I have an old WD My World Book 2 which I brought about 7 years ago, I set up the cloud access about 6 years ago for a holiday, which I never got around to using, only keeping it on my home network. My PC has since gone the way of the Dodo (it just stopped working), and I have now got a Chromebook, which I assumed would be able to pick up the networked drive on my home network… It can’t. I have also purchased a USB to USB cable believing that I would at least be able to explore the drive via the cable, but this also does not work. in the absence of being able to get a cable to connect it to my chromebook and not being able to log into the web access I set up about 6 years ago, how do I access all my photo’s and music on this drive?

Hello,

Can you please share the model number of your drive?

The model No: WD10000H1NC00.

Thank you

Paul

Sorry, I should have put a dash at the end. It should have been; WD10000H1NC-00

You can try mapping the drive to the computer,.

Take a look at this link. Hope it helps.

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=2676

Thank you Hamlet for the link, unfortunately, the Windows solutions do not work on Chromebooks. Not something I knew when I brought what is other wise a great computer.

Thank you for your help though

Paul

Hi Hamlet, I have a similar problem to Paul_W1 and would expect many more people to join us as support for VISTA is withdrawn. When can we expect a professional solution?