Connecting WD Hub with PC via USB

Hello everybody…

I’m new to WD multimedia drive. I’ve just bought WD TV Live Hub. It’s the slim one and the firmware is 3.03.16.

I got a couple of questions here … Sorry if they seem to be silly:

  • I got plenty of mass folders that I would like to transfer to this WD Hub. For faster transference,I tried to connect it to my PC using  USB cable, but my computer could not detect it.

  • I made one of the folders in my PC Shared, but it didn’t appear in WD Hub. Some other folders appeared but when trying to view them it kept telling me that there were no media to view.

One more thing : )  … Isn’t it quite unusual that there is no volume control? Is there any possibility that some future updates may fix this and made it possible to assign some of the free buttons to function as volume control?

Thanks

-khalid- wrote:

Hello everybody…

I’m new to WD multimedia drive. I’ve just bought WD TV Live Hub. It’s the slim one and the firmware is 3.03.16.

I got a couple of questions here … Sorry if they seem to be silly:

  • I got plenty of mass folders that I would like to transfer to this WD Hub. For faster transference,I tried to connect it to my PC using  USB cable, but my computer could not detect it.
  • I made one of the folders in my PC Shared, but it didn’t appear in WD Hub. Some other folders appeared but when trying to view them it kept telling me that there were no media to view.

One more thing : )  … Isn’t it quite unusual that there is no volume control? Is there any possibility that some future updates may fix this and made it possible to assign some of the free buttons to function as volume control?

 

Thanks

 

 

You can’t connect the Hub to a PC with a USB cable, you can only connect by network.

Yes it is a major omission that there is no volume control on the remote. If you are using the latest Hub firmware you can use an Android app to control the Hubs volume. There’s also an app for iOS that I assume has the same functions.

How did you try to access the shared folder? If the Hub is on the same network as the PC you should be able to see it by changing the location to Network Share > Windows Share

Thank you Badmem.

Yes, there’s as an app for iOS, and the there’s a volume slider in it. I ment to say it would be more convenient to have control over the volume right from the remote in your hand.

Yes, when changing location (content source) to network share>Windows share>(computer’s name) , the folder is there. But when trying to view the content of the folder I always get this notification: ‘There is no media in the current folder’. The fact is that the folder is full of movies.

try to download the WD link program. Very easy to setup the HUB as a network disc and to browse on it from your pc  :smiley:

download:  http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1010&sid=110&lang=en

-khalid- wrote:

Thank you Badmem.

 

Yes, when changing location (content source) to network share>Windows share>(computer’s name) , the folder is there. But when trying to view the content of the folder I always get this notification: ‘There is no media in the current folder’. The fact is that the folder is full of movies.

 

 

What format are your movies?

Is the Media Library turned on and if so what view are you using?

Have you tried using the Files icon instead of the Videos icon on the main screen?

Have you tried switching off the Hub completely by pressing the off button for more than 5 seconds and restarting?

badmem wrote:


-khalid- wrote:

Hello everybody…

I’m new to WD multimedia drive. I’ve just bought WD TV Live Hub. It’s the slim one and the firmware is 3.03.16.

I got a couple of questions here … Sorry if they seem to be silly:

  • I got plenty of mass folders that I would like to transfer to this WD Hub. For faster transference,I tried to connect it to my PC using  USB cable, but my computer could not detect it.

  • I made one of the folders in my PC Shared, but it didn’t appear in WD Hub. Some other folders appeared but when trying to view them it kept telling me that there were no media to view.

One more thing : )  … Isn’t it quite unusual that there is no volume control? Is there any possibility that some future updates may fix this and made it possible to assign some of the free buttons to function as volume control?

 

Thanks

 

 


You can’t connect the Hub to a PC with a USB cable, you can only connect by network.

Content removed. Made a mistake. Sorry!

Thank you guys

To my amusement, it was solved. I have no idea how. I did many things yesterday. I turned the hub off and on several times and changed the source several times, too. Suddenly I could navigate the folder. May be switching off the hub completely could have solved this issue Badmem. Thanks

I have two more questions if you don’t mind : )

  • Do you usually unplug your hub when you’re done? Is it enough to turn it of from the remote and keep it plugged to the electricity just like Tv, Home Theatre or Receiver?

  • where can I find instructions about installing applications on WD TV Live Hub?

Appreciate your concern …

Thank you Paulus … What I needed is the other way round; to browse the folder in my PC from the Hub.

regarding WD Link Program, I have WD Discovery. I think they are the same. I’ll try the one you suggested.

Yes I just have the Hub in standby. If you don’t want to access it from other sources, switch it off properly by holding power down for more than 3 seconds. This means that it takes a while rescanning and booting up though.

There is no way of adding applications to the Hub.

-khalid- wrote:

Thank you guys

To my amusement, it was solved. I have no idea how. I did many things yesterday. I turned the hub off and on several times and changed the source several times, too. Suddenly I could navigate the folder. May be switching off the hub completely could have solved this issue Badmem. Thanks

 

I have two more questions if you don’t mind : )

  • Do you usually unplug your hub when you’re done? Is it enough to turn it of from the remote and keep it plugged to the electricity just like Tv, Home Theatre or Receiver?
  • where can I find instructions about installing applications on WD TV Live Hub?

Appreciate your concern …

I usually switch off the power completely to my Hub and all of my other electronics that I don’t need when I go to bed. That’s just for financial and Eco reasons, I know some people keep their Hub in standby for days, without switching off.

As far as I know you can’t install applications on the Hub. WD adds the applications in their firmware updates. You can add Themes and Moviesheets to change the appearance, but I don’t use them.

Thanks a lot to you all.