Connect from Win7 pc to WD TV Hub

Hello. I am a new WD Live TV Hub user and am having an issue connecting from my Win7 pc to my live hub. I wish to transfer movies from the pc to the hub.  

Here is what happens.

1.  I open windows explorer

2.  I select Network.

3. I double click on the WD TV “computer” 

4.  I am prompted for a user name and password.  

5.  I try no user name and the password of admin.  It just loops back and promps for the password again.

Does anybody know what to use for the user name?  

According to this official WD youtube video, I am under the impression that I should not be prompted for a username and password.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgqGELVywyA  Around the 1 minute mark is what I am trying to do.  

Next I double clicked on the Media Device that represents my WD TV.  This opens a web page where I am promted for only a password, I then enter admin.  It lets me in. However this appears to be a configuration page and does not offer any option to copy files to the device.  

I have already configred my pc so that the WD TV can connect to it and have sucessfully streamed music and pictures.  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I’ve looked all over the web and I must be the only one having this issue because all the posts seem to be related to problems connecting from the hub to the pc.

You might want to review Page 81 in the Manual. I would have pasted it here but it has some pictures and is rather lengthy.

You can read the entire Manual HERE for FREE!! :slight_smile:

flhthemi wrote:

You might want to review Page 81 in the Manual. I would have pasted it here but it has some pictures and is rather lengthy.

You can read the entire Manual HERE for FREE!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I’ve already done those instructions, which allowed me to be able to connect the WD box back to my PC.  I can use the WD to connect to my PC and Pull a movie to the WD hard drive.  I am trying to connect from my PC into the WD box so I can push a movie to the WD hard drive.  

My issue is that when I try to connect to the device using Windows Explorer, I get prompted for a user name and password from the WD box.  I can not find any information on what the user name and password would be.  

bg1772 wrote:…>  I get prompted for a user name and password from the WD box.  I can not find any information on what the user name and password would be.   

There is none, unless you configured it under the Share Server section.

If you didn’t, then just answer with anything, like “me” and “me”.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

There is none, unless you configured it under the Share Server section.

If you didn’t, then just answer with anything, like “me” and “me”.

Thanks TonyPh. I will give that a try when i get home tonight.

One question. When you reference the Share Server section, you are speaking on the WD box, correct?

Yep, it’s a sub-option when you turn on the Share Server.

Thanks to all who posted. Ironically, when I got home tonight it started working.  No changes were made since I gave up yesterday.  Lets hope it stays working.

Thanks again for the help!