Confirmed by WD, can't play MOV files at 1080 wirelessly or tethered

Just so all you people out there, and potential customers…

WD confirmed in serveral emails that WDLiveTV generation 3 units, will not play MOV files recorded in .264 with PCM audio (as recorded by most Canon cameras) as the bandwidth of the WDLiveTV unit is exceeded.

THe video requires a solid 49 mbps data rate, and you cannot get 49mbps wireless or tethered.

Even though my access point is connected at 200+ mbps, it does not do it. Even tethered, as the Ethernet is not giga bit.

My WDLiveHUB unit will play the MOV files! Thank GOD.

So, if you have a lot of movies by your camera, watch, as this device will not play them. Don’t; even think about recording video in 720 either, as it will not play. 640by 480 at 30fps was the only, only video next to play (320 worked too, but who uses that).

So, would have been nice if the Ethernet port was gigabit, and I might have keep the unit.

Poor data rate even though it 200mbps connection rate.

What a piece of **bleep** hardware.

WD replied to me and said, “I apologize for that you are not satisfied with the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. While our website accurately states that the device supports the most current high-end wireless-N for HD video streaming, this unfortunately does not account for the impracticality of streaming professional-grade video over a wireless network, whose bandwidth will be inadequate no matter what the playback device or connection speed may be.”

while our web site accurately state? LOL

Unsure where the argument is… The website does say the maximum file bitrate is 40…

funny wohu the connection rate is like 200 mbps, but i can play a 49 mbps file.

pisses me right off.

I cant find that on a web site. All I get is, plays all HD…

djcalcutt wrote:

funny wohu the connection rate is like 200 mbps, but i can play a 49 mbps file.

pisses me right off.

I cant find that on a web site. All I get is, plays all HD…

Well, here it is in the user manual:

Still, that is not posted on there web site.

Besides, why am i defended my postion to you?

How in their right mind  says bite rate (SD:20, HD40) if HD is high definition, is SD standard?

Is that Mbps, MBbp, kbps

Why list SD:20 if the maximum is 40? Just stupid,

I hope you get paid, cause you are speding alot of time to capture a page and outlike in red.

Yes, it is. The specifications say:

Untitled.png

djcalcutt wrote:

I hope you get paid, cause you are speding alot of time to capture a page and outlike in red.

While it might take someone like you a long time to do it, it took me all of about two minutes…

I’d lay odds that your h.264 at 60p, which is also not supported as shown above.

And see, you can’t even understand it unless I hold your hand?

How in their right mind  says bite rate (SD:20, HD40) if HD is high definition, is SD standard?

Of course.

Because it’s TWO DIFFERENT LIMITS!   Are you not paying attention?   SD is limited to 20, HD is limited to 40.

Please dont replay to this thread any more.

I’ll bite my tougue, any hold my words.

djcalcutt wrote:

Besides, why am i defended my postion to you?

Is that Mbps, MBbp, kbps

You do know that this is a user to user forum, don’t you. If you don’t want replies then don’t post.