Configurator doesn't accept admin password

I bought a G Raid with Thunderbolt 3 20TB drive. I want to configure it as RAID 1. I downloaded configurator 1.1.52 (I found the link to it in another thread…no idea if it’s the most recent as I can’t find the actual download page that contains this software).

It wants my admin password but rejects it. I tried changing the admin password to something simple (aaaa) as suggested in another thread but that didn’t help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David

I figured this out. Unlike basically every other piece of Mac software, the configurator doesn’t ask for admin account name, only password. It turns out that it’s assuming the account you’re installing from is the admin account. So neither the admin password (which is for a different account), nor the account password for the non-admin account (which obviously doesn’t grant admin privileges) will get the job done. I ran the configurator inside the admin account and it worked.

One thing I still don’t know is how to find this software by searching the WD or G Technologies web sites…I was lucky enough to find a link to it in a response in this forum. Can’t even tell if I have the latest version…

I’m having the same trouble, however the account I use is the admin account. Still, the password is rejected.

If there’s some other Admin shadow account on my Mac then I’ll have no clue what the password might be. What a ■■■■ show.

If you’re on an admin account on a mac, go to “Users and Groups” under system preferences. There you can find every user account on your mac and whether it’s an admin account or not. Simply change the password of every admin account to the same password as the admin account you’re already using-- you should be able to do that since you are doing it from an admin account yourself. Then hopefully it works because no matter which admin account it is accessing, it will have the password you’re using.

Appreciate the reply, however there is only one account on my system and that’s the Admin one I’m using. There’s no guest account, and - as far as I can tell - no stealth admin account in the background that I’m not aware of.

I changed my system password hoping that would resolve the issue but to no avail. Something weird is going on here.

I downloaded the configurator and logged in easily many times with my admin password, but the configurator couldn’t recognise my G-RAID. I deleted the program. I installed it again from the support site about 4 days later. Now it won’t accept my admin password.

I only use one account on my mac as well. The computer is mine and no-one has access to it.

This is a WD software bug, not a mac or internal problem…

Hello,
I had the same problem until I disconnected every other device from my computer… No problem anymore to run this program with my admin password if my G-raid is the ONLY ONE device connected !!