Configuration?

I have a 4tb My Cloud, a 3tb WD My Book, and a WD Media Player. I have video files on the My Book. What is the optimal way to hook these devices to my router or to one another etc?

You have several options. The one I would do is hook both the Media Plyaer and the MyCloud to the same gigabit switch (typically the switch is in the router), then plug the my book at the back of My Cloud and use the Wd MyCloud desktop app to move all your files to the NAS. Then use the MyBook as the backup destination for the safepoints.

1 Like

Etupes wrote:

You have several options. The one I would do is hook both the Media Plyaer and the MyCloud to the same gigabit switch (typically the switch is in the router), then plug the my book at the back of My Cloud and use the Wd MyCloud desktop app to move all your files to the NAS. Then use the MyBook as the backup destination for the safepoints.

Thank you, gives me some direction with regards to a starting point for configuration. :smiley:

I could plug the media player and the my cloud into the switch (router) and the my book into the media player as well, utilizing the my coud for safepoints, correct?

Etupes wrote:

I am not familiar with the My Book, I don’t know whether it has a Safepoint feature like the MyCloud. If yes, you could use teh MyCloud as a Safepoint destination, yes.