Computer will not recognize device! (FIXED, READ FOR ANSWER)

Hi,
I got my new 4tb WD My Passport through unfortunate circumstances. The previous owner passed away. He hadn’t set up a password for it. I have downloaded the WD Drive Utilities (I have scanned for bad sectors and malfunctions, it seems to be running fine. Light is on as well and i can feel the gyro if i pick it up gently), I have also installed “WD Discovery”, and i believe i downloaded the “WD SES driver”, but when i plug the device into my Windows 8.1 laptop it is not recognized. It makes the “device connected” sound but i can’t get into it. “CD Drive (F;) WD Unlocker” shows up in my File Manager but i can’t add or remove files to the device. It just allows me to unlock the device; which i can do because i set up the password. But, other than that, I cannot add or remove files or even access the hard drive.

The previous owner had it set up with his brand new PS4 just before he passed away, so i know it works. I saw it being recognized by the game system. And he wasn’t the type carelessly drop it.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY DISKS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING

Am I missing anything? Can someone please post a link to the direct driver I need for this model?:
WDBYFT0040BBK-0A

Or tell me what i am doing wrong?
(Please use laymen terms; i am new to owning this type of hard drive)

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know that people such as myself can be very annoying to the technologically learned.

GOT THE ANSWER FROM A COMPUTER TECH FRIEND: This device was set up for a PS4 which made inaccessible to a PC. The simple fix was formatting the drive and assigning a letter to it to be able to use on a PC. Easy peasy. Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

try it like this, i had the same problem.

1. disconnect the power from the harddrive. let it sit for a while to cool down the device.
  2. try to connect again when it is in the evening as the temperature is not hot.
  3. it will shows up., if not, then try it another time.

it is the heating problem for the WD drive.