WDLabs has two new products that make use of the RPi Compute Module (not included):
I’ve attached a PDF for instructions on programming the RPi Compute Module with these two products. For convenience, I’ve also copied the relevant instructions below.
Computer Module (CM) programming mode: program the compute module eMMC directly using a Linux computer or Windows PC running Cygwin.
- Install Raspberry Pi Compute Module into the Media Stick or SATA Adapter board. Do not connect anything to the two USB2.0 ports on the Media Stick or SATA Adapter at this time.
- Connect the USB Micro B port on the Media Stick or SATA Adapter to the host computer (For best results use a powered USB hub and a USB cable that is 18-inches or less to ensure sufficient current). Do not press the power button on the Media Stick or SATA Adapter. Follow the instructions for flashing the Raspberry Pi Compute Module eMMC at the link below.
NOTE: When you reach the steps in the link below about plugging in the Compute Module IO Board, do not do this since it is not required. Instead hold the power button down on the Media Stick or SATA Adapter until the LED flashes rapidly (about 7 sec). Release button. (The Compute Module should then be discovered by the host machine and can be programmed.)
- When you have completed programming, safely eject (unmount) the device from your host machine and power off (press power button) the Media Stick or SATA Adapter).
- Disconnect the Media Stick or SATA Adapter from the computer, USB Hub, and any other power source. Wait 20 seconds.
- Connect 5V USB power as well as any USB peripherals.
- Now, just press the power button to power on and it is ready for use!
Let me know if you run into any issues!