Component video to VGA 1680x1050

I’ve tried to connect my WD TV Live Hub to my Viewsonic screen with a RGB to VGA adapter, but I just can see the green color.

I’ve tried with different component and composite settings (480p,480i, 720p,720i,1080i, 50 and 60 Hz) without success, the screen resolution is 1680x1050.

I have the last firmware 3.09.18.

Thanks and regards.

What adapter are you using?

balrog687 wrote: the screen resolution is 1680x1050.

You sure about that? Sounds like you may be trying to connect to a computer monitor, not a TV.

@balrog687

Sounds like you have the RED in the RED Audio output. (if so, a Green / Purpleish Picture)

This example below … the 3 Plugs on the Component to Vga are for Video Only.

If your monitor has speakers … then you will need a 3.5mm to RCA adaptor for Audio.

Also make sure: Setup > Audio/Video Output > Video Output > Component

I have the right setup. just as shown in the picture with the same adapters.

And yes, is a computer monitor with vga input not a TV.

Thes are the  specs.

Thanks again…

Even though the JACKS are colored RGB, Component Video is *NOT* RGB.  Component Video is YPbPr.

In other words, it’s not outputting Red / Green / Blue video.   It’s outputting Luminance and Chrominance.

VGA video, on the other hand, *is* analog RGB.

The WDTV is sending YPbPr, and your monitor is expecting RGB.

I can’t remember off the top of my head of the WDTV allows changing the colorspace on Component from YPbPr to RGB like it can with HDMI.

If the WDTV doesn’t allow that change, and your monitor cannot be set up to accept YPbPr on VGA port, then a simple, passive “Component to VGA” cable is not going to make that conversion.   You’ll need an active converter, something more like this:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-CPNT2VGAA-Component-Video-Converter/dp/B0014BL9PO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360242551&sr=8-1&keywords=component+to+vga+converter

(Not a recommendation, just an illustration.)

From the Tv’s Specs:

VIDEO INPUT
Análoga/Digital RGB analog (75 ohms, 0.7 Vp-p)/DVI-D (HDCP)

What about a DVI-D to HDMI adaptor/lead ? 

(i used HDMI/DVI-D adaptor with my Xbox360 years ago… and it worked fine)

A lot cheaper too. (approx $13)

I’ve already tried with the hdmi color space configuration, but doesn’t work. Maybe a RCA to VGA adapter could work, but just in NTSC and I have a lot of HD content.

It will take a few months but I’m going to buy a HD TV with HDMI input, I’ve tested the wd tv live hub in my girlfriend house and the video quality is amazing.

Regards.

Buy a 1920x1080 (FullHD) TV …

RCA to VGA will still require an active convertor box (Approx $60) … save your money for the new TV

Yeah, since that specification above says the monitor has a DVI port that also supports HDCP, you can use an HDMI to DVI adapter (I use them all the time) and it’ll work fine.