Component connections

I am using the WDTVlive with my crt sony 29". Since it is not a  lcd/plasma  I opted for the composite route. The composite a/v connections were fine. I have hooked the optical cable to my avr with the WD, and as for the video I connected with the usual yellow cable for video at the back of my TV. So far so good.

The manual suggests using component cables for better video quality. I tried to connect the same via component:  r/b/g  but no luck. There was no signal detected.

Let me elaborate, I first connected via composite, changed the settings in A/v to Component video > selected 480p @ 60 Hz, again tried with 526p@50Hz and finally tried with 720p@60 Hz as it was prompted> selected rbg > and came out of it, and later connected via component but still there was no signal.
I went through the TV manual, where it specifies- “If your DVD player(here we will consider WD player) can output interlace and progressive mode signals select the interlace output on your dvdp/WD  when connecting to component video input on your TV”

It also further states - “Your TV can receive either 525i/60Hz or 625i/50Hz interlace signals.” (Does it imply that the TV is capable of receiving only interlace signals. If so what do I do for component connections)

Rest everything has been taken care of  as per (1) matching the colour-coded connectors
(2) Setting the option of component video on WD (3)… and I can’t blame the cables since they are brand new, just opened.

Your suggestions and opinions will be highly appreciated.  Looking forward for a better visual picture via components.

Thanks and regards

JAYANT

and as for the video I connected with the usual yellow cable for video at the back of my TV.

That is COMPOSITE VIDEO, not COMPONENT VIDEO.  

You should be selecting COMPOSITE video in the settings.

All of those other settings have to do with COMPONENT.

well i had the same problem but plug the yellow cable works fine with av signal not with ycbcr signal

@TonyPh12345

I am aware that the yellow connector is alloted the composite video, I do get the video through this connections. No issue over that. What i was gunning for was connections through the component cables i.e. RBG. I am unable to get the video signals despite of proper connections between the TV and the WDLIVE player.

I think Simonese too has this problem. Try to corelate and suggest.

Regards

JAYANT

I would assume that your TV only allows a component input that unfortunately the WDTV does not support, namely 480i/576i.

The WDTV only allows 480p/576p and upwards on component.

My TV supports up to 1080i 60Hz and still no luck …

Where’s the problem?

Thanks.

marginal wrote:

My TV supports up to 1080i 60Hz and still no luck …

Where’s the problem?

Thanks.

I suggest you start a new thread and give us more details on your problem.

Thank you richUK, but I prefer to keep on writing here, as this thread is exactly about what my problem is: Component connection.

When I connect my WD Live+ to my TV using the component cable I get a flickering image (I can barelly distinguish some picture from my WD Live+ on it).

I think this is the make and model of my TV: Toshiba 27AF45.

Thanks.

marginal wrote:

Thank you richUK, but I prefer to keep on writing here, as this thread is exactly about what my problem is: Component connection.

When I connect my WD Live+ to my TV using the component cable I get a flickering image (I can barelly distinguish some picture from my WD Live+ on it).

I think this is the make and model of my TV: Toshiba 27AF45.

Thanks.

From the manual for your TV

The ColorStream inputs (component) on this TV are for use with devices that output 480i interlaced signals ONLY. This TV will not accept or display 480p or 720p progressive scan signals or 1080i interlaced high-definition signals. If you connect a high-definition settop receiver, 480p progressive scan DVD player, or other similar device to the TV’s ColorStream inputs, YOU MUST SWITCH THE DEVICE’S OUTPUT TO 480i INTERLACED MODE FIRST. Failure to do this will cause a poor picture or no picture to display 

OK, thank you I guess I was mistaken thinking my TV supports 1080i …