Complete SSH Reference

I am searching for a complete MyCloud EX2 SSH reference source; might someone point me in a good direction?

Tell us what you need to do.

Here’s the best ssh client for windows, putty https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

I want to change the UI password, check all available temperatures, adjust UI parameters, and determine drive health…all from SSH. There are probably other things I want to do that I do not yet know about. Thank you for responding.

I have bad news. Everything you change using ssh is lost once you restart the device.

Go to settings, enable ssh and set up a password, then use putty to connect. In the field Hostname type sshd@IP-of-your-nas and press enter.

You can use the command below to get some temperatures:

root@MyCloudEX2Ultra ~ # fan_control -g 0
Current temperature is 56
hd0 temperature=52
hd1 temperature=54
CPU temperature=84

But, if you want something decent, I would recommend using SNMP.

Really? When I change the SSH password via SSH, it stays the same upon reboot. I also found it necessary to “un-brick” one of my devices via SSH, and all of that stuck as well. I did find the fan_control command via Web search; it was useful for my EX2 but does not work on my Duo.

root@VADDSFCOMNAS2 root # fan_control -g 0
Current temperature is 37
hd0 temperature=33
hd1 temperature=34
CPU temperature=66

Are those temperature readings from your device? Seems hot; I discovered a significant performance boost and as you can see a temperature reduction by placing two USB-powered fans on top of my device. I went with the AC INFINITY brand, but there are others.

I was using PuTTY in the past, but have switched to Solar-PuTTY for its tabbed interface and other useful enhancements. I have two NAS devices and four Raspberry Pis as well as four virtual Linux machines to manage, so the extra features are very helpful. I do appreciate the link as well as your input and feedback thus far.

Is there an SSH command reference for devices such as the EX2 and Duo? So far, I am comfortable with SSH and have no interest in SNMP; unless there are significant benefits that I am currently unaware of.

My nas is sitting right next to the radiator, that’s why the temperature is high.
The main advantage of using snmp is being able to plot graphics easily and having a history of your nas performance.