Compiling media library not working at all

Hi,

I just got a wd tv live streaming box and I am having a problem generating my media library from a usb hd locally connected to the box.

When i connect the USB hd to the box, after a while, starts “Compiling the Media library”. However, it never finishes the job. I tried leaving it over night but when I woke up the same the box had froze and i had to unplug the box manually…
The HD has around 80 Gb of music, which is very standard these days. No problems in any other music player.s…

Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround?

Thanks

1 Like

check this thread

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/quot-Compiling-Media-Library-quot-every-time-i-turn-it-on/td-p/110838

this has been discussed a couple of times by different users

2 Likes

sorry, I actually forgot to update this thread…

my local hdd had plenty of other non-media files, which is what was driving the HD box crazy…

I only kept the media files and everything was compiled properly…

I with there was a way to tell the box, to only compile files from a specific folder of your HDD. Thus, ingnoring non media files

Yes that would be nice if you could specify the media type to scan for

I have a compile problem that it never finishes and then I think it finally has and just says no media in selected folder?

I have all my movie in seperate folders to keep things neat and meta data from Ember Media Manager and starting to wonder if that is causing my compile problems.