Compatibility issue with WD SATA & PATA Drives?

I am running Win 7 on a Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 mb. I have one WD 1tb, one 250gb, SATA drive(s) installed on my system, and one 250gb PATA drive along with a HP DVD 1040 DVD/CD burner with LightScribe technology attached to the same data cable. The PATA drive is jumpered as a secondary drive. The SATA drives are set to cable select. My system will not recognize the PATA IDE drive, nor the DVD burner optical drive.

Is there a compatibility issue with the SATA drives and the PATA/DVD IDE drives? I know that the problem is not with the power or data cable, because I have swapped both. Since the PATA drive is not a boot drive, I cannot boot to the drive, but the BIOS recognizes the drive on POST. All three HDD’s are WD drives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed Wood

There is no compatibility issue there freind just a problem with your boot sequence.

First we must enter the bios and change the boot sequence here is the instructions

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/989

Please read  “On Chip SATA Mode” section (page 37) on your user manual. You may have to choose Combined or Enhanced mode to remedy your issue. Auto mode does not configure certain PATA drives correctly.