CoCo (Preview / Pre-beta release) - UPDATED 9/08/12

I’m not getting into all that right now, as I state on the first post, this is just a Preview of the theme.

If you want to attempt it on your own, you can look at the link in the second post on this page.

1 Like

Hi Tinwarble,

your Coco Theme looks great. Can you please help me with two questions?

I want to remove the mirror efect (see next two pics)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/img0495qq.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/img0494rl.jpg/

and i would have this “ThumbView” - i don’t need the mirror view on the Thumbs

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/img0496c.jpg/

Thanks a lot for help 

See the post above your’s.

Guys, I’m not trying to be mean, but if you want to alter my theme to your preferences, you are going to have to figure it out yourself, I just don’t have time to develop a theme then tell everyone how to make changes to it.

Besides, it takes more than just changing a few xml lines to change things, a lot of what make this theme look like it does is through the theme images, so not only does it require a change in the xmls, but it also means you would have to create new images to correspond to those changes.  And no, I will not be releasing my xcf (psd) files for this theme.

1 Like

Hi Tinwarble,

no problem, i don’t want to use your Time for my changes ;-)  i only want a little info.

Regards from Germany

Gerd

Yes, but it takes time to explain.  Like I said, to do what you what is not a simple explaination.

By the way, here’s a preview of the album playing view.  I haven’t setteled on this design, but it’s close to what I’m thinking of.

TW, I know you are going for perfection but this looks perfect to me:smiley:

hi 

great theme man.!

I am currently using your  Darklight  theme at 2.7 Fw 

can i update to newest FW then run this theme?

please advise thanks

mike!

hi 

great theme man.!

I am currently using your  Darklight  theme at 2.7 Fw 

can i update to newest FW then run this theme?

please advise thanks

mike!

Yes, as stated on the first post.

CoCo Preview Release -  UPDATED 9-01-12 (For Firmware 3.xx.xx and later)

TW, I hope you won’t delay the release of the music player, due to prblems with the new firmware.  I use this device a lot to play music so I am patiently waitning for you to release the beautiful player.

No, it won’t be delayed.  The only issue that has been effected is the video run, which I have not worked on yet.  So FW bug does not effect this theme as of now.

Also, my suggestion is to not update.  If you stay on the version before the update you want be affected by the bug.

Bump for update Sept. 8, 2012

2 Likes

Thanks Man.

what was changed in the update?

I think now we have also the musicplayer in CoCo design.

And a great player it is too!

This looks like a great theme. How is the speed in relation mochi? I’m not crazy about making a bunch of moviesheets but if it would help speed up the user interface and look like this I might be tempted. Just out of curiousity why doesn’t anyone make themes that don’t use moviesheets? Not complaining here just interested.

Speed is pretty good, I always take that into consideration when developing a theme (although WD can take those considerations and throwing them out the widow by messing up the FW).  Compared to the Mochi theme you probably want notice that much difference, the speed should be as good or better.

“Just out of curiousity why doesn’t anyone make themes that don’t use moviesheets? Not complaining here just interested.”

Themers preference.:wink:

1 Like

Cool, thanks. My main gripe with speed on Mochi is the backdrops take forever to load so I usually leave them off. Is your backdrop effect generated in the same way or did you pull it from a moviesheet?

Just after I asked about the moviesheets I noticed at least 2 other themes that do not use them so I guess “everybody” was a poor choice of words. I was just wondering if there was limitations in what could be done without them or if they simply expedited the process of theming. Knowing almost nothing about xml coding I would still assume that the moviesheets are a means to complete the vision and not a shortcut. Is that safe to say? Anyway, lovely work I could see this being my theme as soon as it is complete. Thanks for all the effort.

TW nice work as usual …