CNID DB Error ... switching to read-only and TM issues

Trying to use MBL (firmware 02.11.09-053) with MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.8 (and an older MacBook) and different wired and wireless network configurations.

After cumbersome first time installation I keep having problems with Time Machine backups, resulting in TM to start the entire backup all over again (and delete all previous ones) and CNID DB errors. MBL seems to be most ‘stable’ if no changes to factory setting are made. However, the CNID error also happened during normal file transfer to the MBL (after disabling TM). Tried (most of) the ideas posted here. Up to now only factory reset seems to resolve the issue for some time. Is there any idea on how to make the MBL suitable to serve as a backup-disk?

An by the way - what should be the reaction on pressing the reset button?

Press the reset button on the back of the MBL for 4 seconds, if that doesn’t work select the option to do a quick factory restore, this of course will delete any files inside the MBL.

Thanks,

however, already done so, and …

one of the nice things about time machine (or other automated backups) is to have kind of a history of changes on your computer. Regularly deleting the backup files due to some starnge behavior of a ‘backup’ device I do not consider as a solution. Let alone the time it takes to do a new full backup. 

happened again … mbl3.jpg

Screen shot 2012-12-14 at 2.51.07 PM.png

HERE THE SAME. 

It is starts today.

It happened with the external drive connected to the WD LIVE DUO via USB.

I check the drive and repair all the errors using connection to the MacBook Pro and Disk Utility.

Then I vonnect it back to the MyBook Live Duo, and thats happens again. \

So, what is a solution?

Thank you

please have a look at:  ‘Remedy’ for MAC CNID and TM problem!

good luck!