Cloud Down

Yes, I just bought a new box. After setup, end up with you don’t have a WDMyCloud.com login. Enter an email address to sign up for a login. alway error

I feel for you - you picked the wrong day to buy and set up a wd2go based service it seems!

I got mine on Monday and set it up with no problems so at least I knew it worked at one point, then Friday, CRASH!

It took me (and my ISP) quite a while to realise it wasn’t the device’s fault but the outage of the website.

I’ve given full marks in the customer survey for the device but I’m not impressed with their service at all.

1 Like

I have same problem. Can’t not connect to My Cloud by smartphone. What the **bleep** going on?

DanRM wrote:

I’ve been trying to access MyCloud remotely - via wd2go.com.  it appears to be down, leaving me without access to MyCloud.  Anyone else having such a problem???  I don’t see anything posted on the message board about it.  Wouldn’t Western Digital let all know when the cloud service down?

They have posted a sticky on the forum with many responses:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/NOTICE-WD2Go-com-and-WDMyCloud-com-users-in-relay-mode-are/td-p/706066

Hi

Bad day everyone

I’ve decided to install my WD my cloud. Easy just…cloud

When I create an user and i’m asking for a code, always the same error: La génération du code dédié au dispositif mobile a échoué. Assurez-vous de l’absence de problèmes de connectivité réseau, puis réessayez. (250005)

if you have a solution, you’ll be great !

Thanks

always the same too

:angry:

Hi Guy, please refer to the following thread to continue with your conversation.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/NOTICE-WD2Go-com-and-WDMyCloud-com-users-in-relay-mode-are/td-p/706066

My login will not function either - glad to hear it is not me/myconfig/??? -

You’re not alone. I’ve been down since yesterday as well. I called the WD Support Team and they confirmed that the WDMYCLOUD site is down and they will not have an answer for 24 hrs.

I informed them that this is unacceptable. This product is not ready for “Prime Time” if a site can bring down an entire business that relys on their answer to “Cloud” technology…If they can’t find an answer to this type of they should consider changing their slogan from “Save Data Everywhere. Access Anywhere” to “Save Data Everywhere. Access Anywhere Some of the Time”…This is ridiculous!

wduser-12132 wrote:

You’re not alone. I’ve been down since yesterday as well. I called the WD Support Team and they confirmed that the WDMYCLOUD site is down and they will not have an answer for 24 hrs.

I informed them that this is unacceptable. This product is not ready for “Prime Time” if a site can bring down an entire business that relys on their answer to “Cloud” technology…If they can’t find an answer to this type of they should consider changing their slogan from “Save Data Everywhere. Access Anywhere” to “Save Data Everywhere. Access Anywhere Some of the Time”…This is ridiculous!

I would never use MyCloud for valuable office data and professional use!

See

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Alternatives/td-p/707850

@wduser12132 - I couldn’t agree more- I have been running my “mycloud” for personal usage for about 3 months now and am getting used to having nothing but my tablet when I travel because I login to Corp Server for work purposes - So, as I say I like the idea of having nothing of substance on my tablet in the “heaven forbid” off chance it is stolen, etc - BUT, this gives me a great deal of reservation about my decision - and I certainly would have serious reservations if I was looking at this for a business usage - WOW - Been selling technology for 25 years now so quite aware anything can happen - BUT a corp like WD to have a 48 - 72 hour outage on this product is completely unacceptable -

After troubleshooting this problem for 2 hours, I finally broke down and called WD.  They quickly informed me that it was down, they didn’t know what the problem was, were working on it and did not have an ETA for resolution.  I escalated to a manager to try and get more details to better understand how this happened, what the root cause was, and whether he could provide any sort of ETA.

I asked if they had been hacked and he said no, however, he said he didn’t know what the problem was.   Leads me to believe they are possibly hiding something.  If a system was down for more than 24 hours, I would expect the Level 1 support would have more details than “I don’t know what the problem is”.

Lack of transparency is always a red flag for me.

Anyone have any further details on this they can add?

Hi, 

First and probably last post. What are the other Cloud based storage devices that would be in comparison to this? As far as I can see so far I’ve bought a white brick with a power cable and a nice blue light. 

I usually do my research before buying electronics but I bought this for my Wife on a hunch it would be helpful for her to store her data without plugging a cable in. 

So what would you guy’s buy as an alternative? I think I’ll have to return this. Wasted 5 hours of my day too thinking it was my end. 

Solarsailor wrote:

Hi, 

First and probably last post. What are the other Cloud based storage devices that would be in comparison to this? As far as I can see so far I’ve bought a white brick with a power cable and a nice blue light. 

I usually do my research before buying electronics but I bought this for my Wife on a hunch it would be helpful for her to store her data without plugging a cable in. 

So what would you guy’s buy as an alternative? I think I’ll have to return this. Wasted 5 hours of my day too thinking it was my end. 

With such statements you risk getting banned!

Have a look at

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Alternatives/td-p/707850

Sorry statements like what? If we are not allowed to talk about alternate devices why direct me to that thread? 

I purchased a cloud storage device that doesn’t work as advertised and wasted an entire day of my time because WD couldn’t set up a simple warning on the website. Something a ten year old could do. 

I think we as customers have every right to complain about a product that doesn’t do what it says on the box. I’m not even sure what this forum is, who owns it or what’s allowed to be said or not said and by the looks of it you just quadrupled your members because of this monumental error. 

Also this is the internet , I can say what I feel and if I had customer support on the phone I would have said the same thing to them. I didn’t use abusive language nor did I make any false statements. Right now I have a white box that doesn’t do anything. 

1 Like

From France, I am also amazed that WD doesn’t communicate any alert on its website. This is a major issue for new customers. WD MUST give detailed explanations and DELAY. Bought the Mycloud yesterday, still waiting answers to give it back or keep it.

From Spain, and absolutaly outraged with the situation. Almost every big company has suffered a fall in their servers once. But I don’t know of any that fixing the problem takes them 4 or 5 days.

I don’t care anymore about this device. Now I know it’s only for keeping your files in a LAN, i.e. like any other external hard drive but more expensive and with a nice blue light, but you can not trust it for working as a cloud. But, apart from the money wasted,  what really upsets me is the amount of time I’ve wasted trying to solve this problem jut because WD didn’t bother let its users know about its problems. 

1 Like

KASAR wrote:

From Spain, and absolutaly outraged with the situation. Almost every big company has suffered a fall in their servers once. But I don’t know of any that fixing the problem takes them 4 or 5 days.

I don’t care anymore about this device. Now I know it’s only for keeping your files in a LAN, i.e. like any other external hard drive but more expensive and with a nice blue light, but you can not trust it for working as a cloud. But, apart from the money wasted,  what really upsets me is the amount of time I’ve wasted trying to solve this problem jut because WD didn’t bother let its users know about its problems. 

100% agreed.

So what? We’ll get banned, but we won’t be here anymore as we will ALL GIVE BACK THIS BRICK TO TRHE STORE! SHAME…

So that’s just PITIFULL… Bye bye WD!