Cloud Account Removed

Hi there!

I changed two of my HDDs in my WD My Cloud PR4100 and now I get this error message:

“Cloud Account Removed: The data volume has been reformatted on your My Cloud device and your mycloud.com account has been removed. Please sign in again. (Code:1700)”

Now, I can’t login to my cloud account via the NAS backend anymore:

“Something went wrong. Please check that you have an active internet connection and try again. (Error code: 409)”

I can access via os5.mycloud.com though.

Additional information:

• I never used OS3. I just got my NAS this summer and started right away on OS5.
  • My firmware is the newest one: 5.17.107 (from 2021/09/09)
  • Indexing is done.
  • The HDDs are in good conditions. I also did the system diagnosis in the NAS backend
  • I’m the only user of my NAS and hence I have admin rights.
  • RAID profile is JBOD

I have full acces to all files on all HDDs, but in OS5, I don’t have access to the newest volumes. They are not even listed there. The volumes I can acces via OS5 get updated.
I don’t get it and will appreciate support. Thanks!

Hi @Kenika,

We would request you to kindly perform the 40-sec reset. The following process is Not Data Destructive and will not impact user data on the device.

To execute the 40 Second Reset:

1. Power down the device and remove the power cord from the device
  2. Using a paperclip or narrow tipped pen, press and hold the reset button
  3. While continuing to hold the reset button, reconnect the power cord to the device and continue to hold the reset button for at least 40 seconds
  4. After releasing the reset button the device will reboot

Please follow the below link for How to Reset a My Cloud (single bay) Device.

Title: How to Reset a My Cloud (single bay) Device
Link: Pin Reset and System Only Restore WD My Cloud OS 3

Please follow the below link for How to access the Dashboard on a My Cloud (single bay) device.

Title: How to access the Dashboard on a My Cloud (single bay) device.
Link: Single-Bay My Cloud OS 3 Dashboard Access

Hi @Keerti_01,

thanks for your reply. I did as described, but actually nothing happens. Means: The device does not reboot automatically after 40+ seconds of pressing down the little reset button. As soon as I start it manually by clicking the power button, the device starts as usual without any changes.
I tried it three times.

Question: Is the “40 sec reset” the same as “restore to default” in the backend: settings → utilities → system only → restore?

Or should I do the 40 sec reset with the machine running? I’m using Windows 11 by the way.
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

The 40 Second Reset, also known as System Only Restore, will reset the following:

• Admin User Name (default = “admin”)
  • Admin Password (No password by default)
  • Device Name (default = “WDMyCloud”)
  • SSH (Secure Shell) on Firmware 04.xx.xx-xxx, User Name and Password (default = “root” and “welc0me”)
  • SSH (Secure Shell) on Firmware 2.xx.xxx, User Name and Password (default = “root” no default password, new password enforced)
  • Remove all Users except Admin
  • All Share permissions (default = Public)
  • Automatic Firmware Update (default = off)
  • Network Mode (default = DHCP)
  • Remove all Alerts
  • mycloud.com account association (default = not configured)
  • Mobile app account association (default = not configured)
  • WD Sync association (default = not configured)
  • Backup jobs (default = not configured)
  • Safepoint jobs (default = not configured)

To execute the 40 Second Reset :

1. Power down the device and remove the power cord from the device
  2. Using a paperclip or narrow tipped pen, press and hold the reset button
  3. While continuing to hold the reset button, reconnect the power cord to the device and continue to hold the reset button for at least 40 seconds
  4. After releasing the reset button the device will reboot

Please refer to below link to check more information:

Also, you contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Hi,
yes, I understood how to do the 40 second reset. As I wrote: It just didn’t work. No reboot and no reset happened.
But if it’s also known as “System Only Restore”, I assume, it’s the same that I can perform in the backend:
settings → utilities → system only → restore
Right?