Cloud Access seems to turn ON of its own accord!

Hi all,

I’ve noticed on two occasions over the last 24 hours that Cloud Access has managed to enable itself on my My Cloud Mirror. This is a real cause for concern for me as I consciously always insist on it being OFF.

I have noticed this behaviour before last night however I didn’t do anything about it at the time.

Can anybody explain to me how Cloud Access manages to become enabled without any user instruction to do so??

Many thanks,
M

Hi,

It seems very concerning to me as well. Is it possible that the firmware update checker needs cloud access?

And it’s happened again!!!

I’m really concerned at this. I’m sitting in my office today and I can remotely access my My Cloud even though I’ve turned off remote access.

I know I’ll go home this evening, check the settings on the dashboard, and find that Cloud Access has been enabled!!!

And again, I’ve just checked the app on my phone not expecting to reach my MyCloud. I can access the MyCloud!!!

How can this be when I have consistently turned remote access OFF!!!

@Mike_McHugh The following knowledge base article explains this behavior.

My Cloud Mobile App Enables Remote Access On a My Cloud

Answer ID 19025

Thanks SBrown,

So can I take it that this is expected behavior? It strikes me as strange.

Is there a reason why this is the case? If the mobile app is used on the same LAN, why the need for the mobile app to enable remote access??