Clicking noise via HDMI

Hi,

The latest firmware version 1.12.14 is installed on my device. I use the WD TV Live Box as a UPnP Audio Renderer within my network. While trying to adjust the volume via a UPnP Remote app (tried different ones) there is a clicking sound.  It happens around every second time when i adjust it. There is no issue when I  use toslink or analogue Output.

Regards

naturalbornkoller

Hi,

Are you getting that clicking sound after the firmware update?

Hi ragdexx,

after I received the device (about a week ago) I immediately updated to the latest firmware - so i can’t compare. All I can say is that it definitely appears on the latest version.

Regards,

naturalbornkoller

I get the same thing after about an hour of playing anything on my WD TV Live Plus.  I just bought a WD TV Live that does the same thing.  I thought it was the files but no matter which file or encoding type I try, about an hour or so in, I get the clicking/static.

Hi LukelnDC,

do you hear this clicking noise only while adjusting the volume (like in my case) or is it always there?

Meanwhile i found out, that this clicking noise also appears via analogue while regulating the volume. Often it only appears after the first few volume regulations.

Regards,

naturalbornkoller

try changing your HDMI deep-color mode setting from 8bit to 12bit, worked for me!