Click not working in web browser interface

Hi,

I’m having problems with the web browser for wd my cloud every now and then.

Lately it happens, that I can log in without a problem, but when I’m in and I click on a folder to open it or a file to open nothing happens, no error message, not Action, just nothing at all… the only way I found to get rid of this problem was to restart the hardware, but it is annoying to get the problem back every couple of days after that.

But most important, I’m not always home to be restarting the hardware when I need access to the cloud, and it doesn’t make much sense to have a cloud if you need to be home to get it working every now and then.

Is this a common problem? Any known solution to this that works not just for three or four days? Or that can be set not being at home? I couldn’t find anything about this after some research…

Hi,

i don’t know how to help you with your main topic. I’m just a normal user. But i am using a WLan connected plug from G-Homa. There should be enough similar products. It’s very useful and you can switch it on and off over a Handy-App from all over the planet where you have internet access. Works fine for me. Good luck for solving your problem.

Greetings

Manfred

What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
Are you attempting to access the My Cloud locally or from a remote location when the issue happens?
When attempting to access locally, are you using Windows File Explorer/Mac Finder to access the My Cloud?
When accessing remotely what web browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE) are you using?

When using a web browser to access the MyCloud.com web portal it helps to test disabling all plug-ins, especially those that block ads or scripts and see if the issue persists.

I’m still having this problem now and I think the cause is that the drive seems to get stuck sometimes, when I’m uploading something. It doesn’t need to be necessarily a big file, sometimes a small picture can cause the problem if the network is slow and it takes longer than expected to upload. Anyways, it is not just the folder where I’m uploading a file that gets stuck, almost every folder or file will not react when clicking on it just because some file is taking too long to upload…

@Bennor:

• “What troubleshooting steps have you tried?”

Waiting for the file to upload, if it takes too long and seems to be stuck then trying to disconnect the Cloud via software or hardware or resetting the hardware directly, which means, I cannot do anything if I’m not home as I do not have access to any of these options remotely.

• “Are you attempting to access the My Cloud locally or from a remote location when the issue happens? When attempting to access locally, are you using Windows File Explorer/Mac Finder to access the My Cloud? When accessing remotely what web browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE) are you using?”

Both of them locally and remote, and I could reproduce the issue on Windows as well as on Mac OS and iOS, over different Web Browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome…) and also using the WD My Cloud mobile application. As the problem seems to have something to do with the Cloud getting stuck it occurs independently on which OS or interface I am using.

• “When using a web browser to access the MyCloud.com web portal it helps to test disabling all plug-ins, especially those that block ads or scripts and see if the issue persists.”

In most browsers I don’t have any plugins installed, at least nothing that doesn’t belong to the browser itself.

Thanks for answering, I hope I can find a solution to get rid of this when I’m not home, it is kind of annoying not having access to the cloud just because a tiny picture won’t upload :sweat_smile:

Try doing a 40 second reset if you haven’t done so already. Sometimes that can fix weird issues with the My Cloud.

Also, what is the upload speed for the broadband connection that the My Cloud is connected to?

Other things to check that may or may not impact your issue.
See if the network router the My Cloud is connected to has any kind of QoS enabled or other settings that may be applied to the My Cloud.
Configure the My Cloud with a static IP address by either reserving an IP address through the router administration interface or by using the manual setting option in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings section.
Try setting the DNS servers in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings section to public DNS servers if your My Cloud has the option to set DNS servers.
Ensure the network time in the My Cloud Dashboard Settings is correct and the correct Time Zone is selected.

Hi Bennor, thanks again for your answer, I still haven’t tried the 40 second reset because I read it would erase some setup, including the users I created.

As I’m using the cloud to share some files with family and friends I do have several users with different setups and didn’t want to start everything all over again, so I did a system check yesterday and restarted the cloud after that, I hope this works, otherwise I’ll try the 40 second reset.

Thanks for your advice and have a nice day.

Checking the DNS settings is a good way.

Source:Technofizi